Microsoft has just released a major update for its Windows Maps app in Windows Store for Insiders. The new Windows Maps, version v5.1608.2117.0, finally adds Inking support, something many users have been waiting for quite a while. Thanks to this new feature, you will be able to calculate the distance from one place to another by manually drawing a line on the map using your pen.
Windows Maps: Features
– Ability to search for hotels, local attractions, businesses, restaurants and addresses;
– Ability to get walking, transit and driving directions;
– Ability to pin locations in order to get directions with a single tap from anywhere;
– Ability to pick alternate routes to avoid tolls, heavy traffic and more;
– When you arrive to a destination, the application will help you to remember where you’ve parked your car;
– Ability to download maps in order to use them even if you don’t have an internet connection;
– Ability to see your search history or favorites across all your desktops or mobile devices that run on Windows;
– Ability to see 3D images of more than 200 cities and landmarks;
– Ability to see 360° panoramas of a place;
– Ability to see current traffic, incidents and re-route to avoid them;
– Ability to see airport shops, gates and more;
– Ability to see detailed information about a business (such as phone numbers, directions, business hours and more);
– Ability to print and share step-by-step driving and walking directions.
HINT: Keep in mind that some of these features will NOT function on some devices.
As you can see, this application comes with many features, which is why we suggest you check it out. You can download and install the latest version of Windows Maps directly from the Windows Store right now.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT: