Windows Maps updated for Windows 10 Insiders
Updates are the order of the day as Microsoft has released an update for Windows Maps — but only for those who are Insiders on the fast or slow rings. And while the update is not extensive, it nonetheless should get users excited.
While this update to Windows Maps doesn’t bring forth any major new features, it does fix a lot of bugs and improves the overall experience of the app. In particular, we like the option of users being able to manually save a location when GPS is not available. In addition, there’s a new Airport Venue Maps — but that’s where the new stuff ends.
Here’s the full changelog for those who are interested:
- Ability to manually save your location when GPS isn’t available, which can now be used by Windows and other apps and services that you allow.
- Reliability, accessibility, and performance improvements.
- New airport venue maps. You’ll see a purple layout on places that have it and tapping on it will show you the indoor map for that airport. You can also switch between multiple floors.
- Fixed remaining issues with voice instructions, all languages supported should now be speaking instructions.
- Fixed several bugs that were leaving guided directions in weird states (arrows disappeared or it stopped tracking your location)
- Fixed issue with StreetSide becoming unresponsive when you were dragging the mouse outside the app window.
- Reliability, accessibility, and performance improvements
The new update is currently live in the Windows Store for anyone interested. Just search for Windows Maps to download it or, for those who have already installed the app prior to the new update, the update should be automatic.
We’ve given the app a test run but there’s not much to say apart from it being smooth and much better than it was when the name was Bing Maps. Yes, we’re not that much inclined to use the Maps app.
A number of users have issues on Windows 10 because browser software did not support output device selection. This means that all your open software […]
Steam is one of the biggest gaming platforms, but players reported that Steam does not show them in game. This problem is particularly annoying, especially […]