New versions of Windows Server 2016 available on Google Compute Engine
Recently, we informed you that EC2 supports Windows Server 2016. Now, this server operating system developed by Microsoft can now be deployed on Google Compute Engine. The announcement was made by Google, who said that users who have Microsoft Windows Server 2016 preinstalled are able to launch instances with Google Compute Engine VM images.
Compute Engine to support the following versions:
• Windows Server 2016 Datacenter Edition
• SQL Server Standard 2016 with Windows Server 2016
• SQL Server Web 2016 with Windows Server 2016
• SQL Server Express 2016 with Windows Server 2016
• SQL Server Standard (2012, 2014, 2016) with Windows Server 2012 R2
• SQL Server Web (2012, 2014, 2016) with Windows Server 2012 R2
• SQL Server Express (2012, 2014, 2016) with Windows Server 2012 R2
• SQL Server Enterprise (2012, 2014, 2016) with Windows Server (2012, 2016)
The pricing for Windows Server 2016 and SQL Server 2016 hasn’t changed on the new versions, while Enterprise customers can take advantage of Windows Server 2016’s advanced multi-layer security, management capabilities, powerful storage and support for Windows containers.
If you sign up for a free trial, you will receive a $300 credit which will be used to spin up instances with pre-configured images for Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server and.NET apps. Instances can be created directly from the Cloud Console while solutions from Windows Server can be launched from the Cloud Launcher. You should know that Google bills by the minute for the Windows Server 2016 virtual machines and you won’t be charged when they are not used.
Also, you can move existing Windows Server-based application licenses (Exchange Server, SharePoint Server, SQL Server etc.) using Microsoft’s License Mobility for Google Cloud Platform program.
For those who don’t know, Google Compute Engine (GCE) is a component of the Google Cloud Platform which was built on the global infrastructure that runs Gmail, YouTube and other Google services, and it allows users to users to launch virtual machines on demand.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows Apps and the Windows Server is Now Supported by Google Cloud Platform
- Windows Server 2016 and System Center 2016 to be available soon
The error You do not have the necessary privilege to create new virtual machines appears in the cases in which the user doesn’t have enough […]
Microsoft released their Q4 earnings an it’s all good news. The giant registered amazing growth on all departments, increasing its share price by one third. […]
Microsoft released the latest 1908 Xbox One system update for the members of the Xbox One Preview Alpha Ring. Along with it also comes the […]