Twitter Inc, intends to make several changes to their third-party client Application Programming Interface (API) such as the the ‘Streaming API’ without any replacement. However, this replacement will prevent stiff competition against Twitter’s very own client; therefore, several third-party Twitter clients developers will be forced to close shop.
Say goodbye to Tweetium Pro
Tweetium Pro on the other hand, is a premium Windows Twitter client who has announced that its client will no longer be available from the Windows Store.
Notice: I’m sad to announce that Tweetium Pro is no longer being offered due to Twitter’s impending shutdown of their Streaming API. Existing Pro users will continue to enjoy benefits until Twitter’s change goes into effect. After that, push notifications and Connect+ will break. (@TweetiumWindows) July 29, 2018
The developers also added that:
Other functionality such as multiple account support will continue to work after that. However, at this time, most Windows users will want to check out Twitter’s official app, as Twitter is making it impossible for other apps to continue going forward. — Tweetium app (@TweetiumWindows) July 29, 2018
Therefore, Tweetium Pro users can say goodbye to features such as:
- Push notifications – immediate toast notifications when users mention, retweet, favorite tweets, or follow users.
- Multiple accounts – Tweetium Pro users can easily switch between up to 7 different Twitter accounts.
- Integrated news reading – Article previews and an embedded reading experience powered by Newseen.
Meanwhile, Twitter has intensified their support for Windows 10 with a new PWA so as to meet up with their scalability; however, Twitter’s own client still has much to in order to gain dominance against third-party Twitter client apps.
Are you a Tweetium Pro subscriber affected by this sudden change? Let us know by commenting below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Twitter PWA now works with Windows 10 Share Dialog for faster tweeting
- SOLVED: Windows 10 Twitter app won’t open
- The best secure chat software to protect your privacy online