The WinZip comes in three editions, as follows:
Features that are found on all three editions of WinZip:
- Compress/Decompress (zip and unzip files in all major formats);
- WinZip Command Line (using WinZip directly from the command prompt);
- Encrypt/Decrypt (protect the files with a password and secure them with 128-bit and 256-bit AES encryption);
- Package and Share (share, access and manage files on several cloud services);
- Rich file management (access with ease your files on PC, network, home group and clouds);
- Background Tools (this will remind you about old or unused files which can be zipped or deleted).
Features that are found on WinZip 21 Pro and WinZip 21 Enterprise:
- Backup and Automate (schedule automated backup to prevent data loss, backup to any connected cloud or even burn backups directly to a CD, DVD or Blu-ray disc);
- Built-in scanning (scan directly from WinZip and encrypt before sharing the files).
Features that are found only on the WinZip 21 Enterprise:
- FIPS 140-2 supported (make sure that your business meets S. government requirements for FIPS 142-1 encryption);
- WinZip Courier 7 (automatically zips and encrypts email attachments and sends very large files to the connected cloud services).
WinZip 21 can be downloaded as a free trial on any computer that runs on Windows Vista or later. The WinZip 21 Standard Edition costs $29.95 while for the WinZip 21 Pro Edition you will need to pay $49.95. As for the WinZip 21 Enterprise Edition licenses, we suggest you to contact the company and get an offer based on how many licenses you need.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT: