Xbox Live Parental Controls to be improved in Windows 10 Creators Update
Microsoft allows the owners of an Xbox console to customize and manage access to everything on Xbox Live, a feature that prevents children from seeing adult content. Now, Microsoft is planning to add more options in Windows 10 Creators Update.
New details about the Xbox version of the Windows 10 Creators Update surfaced a few days ago, according to which Xbox Live parental controls will be improved. Mike Ybarra, Partner Director of Program Management of the Xbox and Windows Platform at Microsoft, responded to a fan on Twitter and promised that Xbox Live parental controls “will improve even more with the Creators Update soon. #Xbox”.
Ybarra hasn’t given more details about how the controls will improve in the upcoming Windows update. We’re pretty sure that more information will leak until April when the Creators Update is officially released. Microsoft’s head of Xbox marketing held a live stream on his Beam account, where he mentioned that the Xbox Guide would be revamped, multitasking would be improved, and there would be additional options for GameDVR clips.
Parents who want to change their child’s privacy and online safety settings on an Xbox console must follow these steps:
- They will sign into their parent Microsoft account by going to the Xbox settings page;
- Then, they will select the gamertag for the kid’s account they want to view or change;
- If they own an Xbox One console, they will have to choose the Privacy tab and the Online safety, while Xbox 360 users will choose the Online safety;
- The settings will be revised as appropriate, and finally, users will click on the Save button at the bottom of each tab;
- In order for the changes to take effect, the child will sign in and sign out.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Creators Update Redstone 2 to be released in April
- Bluetooth notifications coming to Windows 10 Creators Update
- Microsoft’s Windows 10 Creators Update features 802.11ad Wi-Fi
Installing Android drivers on a PC should be a walk in a park. You connect your handset with the PC via the USB cable and, […]
Do you have NOX installed on your PC? Are you experiencing any form of lag while running it? This article is specially designed for you! […]
Do you have ExpressVPN installed on your PC? Do you encounter connection problems after an update? This guide will help you out. Here, we’ll be […]