Microsoft just released a new update for its Xbox One Preview build that fixes a series of notification issues. The tech giant also rolled out another update the day before, finally allowing users to choose between using Cortana or classic Xbox One voice commands.
For the time being, both updates are only available to Fast Ring Insiders only.
The current OS version is rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160711-2017, so check your update history to see if you are already running it. This update should allow Xbox users to access the full capabilities of the Notification feature, as it fixed the last notification bugs on Microsoft’s known issue lists.
This build contains additional fixes to address issues with notifications sometimes failing to appear (including for party invites, game invites, and unlocking achievements). If you encounter any further issues with notifications failing to appear, please submit feedback via Report a problem.
Microsoft still has a lot of work to do as there are still seven Xbox One known issues to be fix before the Anniversary Update:
- When watching a video using the Blu-Ray Player, the screen dims after a short period of inactivity.
- When watching a video in the Movies & TV app, the progress bar may fail to update when playing, or when various actions are performed such as rewinding or fast-forwarding.
- Attempting to purchase a Gamertag change will charge your account, but will not change your Gamertag. Microsoft advises you to avoid purchasing a Gamertag until the issue is fixed.
- A newly added profile may take up to 30 seconds to appear.
- When you download a Cortana update for the first time, the legacy voice commands will be recognized but any actions will fail.
- If you have pins on your Home to movies, TV shows, or music, they will disappear from Home when this update is installed.
- You may experience errors when attempting to load Ready to Install with a large number of digital games and apps.
- Community Calendar Links to the Store in Community Calendar event details are unavailable.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: