New Xbox One build fixes USB keyboard and Party Chat issues
Over the past weekend, Microsoft released the Xbox One Summer update for everyone. This major update comes with new features such as background music support, Cortana and many others. On August 1, 2016, the company released a new preview build for the Xbox One console which fixed some issues related to the Skyrock application.
In addition, Microsoft will release a new build that will fix some issues regarding payments and billing, Party Chat and USB keyboards.
– Payment and billing: After adding a new payment method, you will notice that the “View terms” button will finally function as it should
– USB Keyboard: An issue that was causing the Xbox One S to fail at recognizing USB keyboards after powering on has been fixed
– Party Chat: An issue that could cause a party chat to crash when using Kinect has been fixed
If you have a universal app installed and a new version of it is available, the new version of the application will appear under the “Ready to Install”. In other words, this will appear to be the same versions of the application “Ready to Install”. At the same time, when trying to install or update a universal application, you may encounter installation error 0x800700002. You can fix this issue by uninstalling and then reinstalling the particular universal application.
HINT: In case you have the app installed on both the internal and external hard drive, make sure that you uninstall it from both drives.
After installing this build on your Xbox One, you may notice that some pins that you’ve made for Music, TV Shows or Movies will disappear from Home.
How To Download The Latest Xbox One Preview Build
When the preview build is available for your Xbox One, you can install it on your console by heading to All Settings->System->Console Info & Updates.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Xbox One S to hit the stores on August 2, 2016
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update blocks disabling of Cortana
- Xbox One Summer Preview now available for Insiders
Microsoft released new Japanese and Chinese IMEs to Windows Insiders that are currently enrolled in the Fast Ring. These changes were introduced with the Windows […]
Microsoft is planning to redesign Windows 10 icons in Windows 10 20H1. The company says that the upcoming version of Windows will bring rounded corners […]