Latest Xbox One Insider build brings a new update screen and new features
Microsoft has now rolled out the Xbox Insider Preview build 15058 to the Beta ring after releasing the build to the Alpha ring last Friday. Along with the Beta release of build 15058, build 15061 also marches to the Alpha ring.
The Xbox Insider Preview build 15058 brings with it a slew of new features and bug fixes. Here’s the full changelog for build 15058.
New update screen
When your console downloads a system update, a new update screen will pop up the next time the console is powered on. This update screen has some basic details about the update, as well as a link to a video (for more information) or the option to go to Home. Please provide us your feedback to this experience via Report a Problem and the Preview Forums!
- Xbox App. Fixed an issue which would cause game streaming to stop when launching a new game.
- Controller. Upon resuming from connected standby, you may be prompted to update your controller firmware when no update is available.
- Cortana. Cortana may take a long time to respond when activated while playing certain games.
- Notifications. Some users may not receive certain types of notifications.
- Game Clips. After capturing a game clip, the game clip fails to automatically post to the Activity Feed (if your profile is configured to do so). Workaround: Manually view game clips in Profile > Captures > Manage captures and post to the Activity Feed.
- EA Access. The EA Access app may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.
- Settings – Ease of Access. When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access – Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts. Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
- Settings – Display & sound. The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- Wireless Display. The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
The build string for the new release is rs2_release_xbox_1703.170313-1900. Beta testers can get the update by going to Settings -> System -> Updates. Likewise, participants on the Beta ring can authorize their device to download and install updates while on standby by activating the Instant-On mode.
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]
Microsoft released a new Windows 7 update to the general public. Update KB4457139 is actually a preview of the upcoming monthly rollup update and allows users […]