Xbox One preview build fixes Cortana issues
Microsoft released another preview build for the Xbox One a few days ago that managed to fix several issues plaguing the software. Preview testers should no longer come across the problem where Universal Apps would end up stuck in the queue, or any form of installation errors when downloading or updating the Blu-Ray player.
In the past, many users had problems utilizing certain aspects of Cortana. This new build fixes some of those issues. It is now possible to say, “Hey Cortana, play music”and “Hey Cortana, launch videos” without an error popping up every few moments. Furthermore, if Cortana is failing to launch certain apps or games after a command, this update should rectify that.
The information was released by the head of the Xbox platform, Mike Ybarra.
New Preview build around 6PM as usual. Fixes a few small things like apps stuck in queue, etc. #Xbox
— ♏️ike Ybarra (@XboxQwik) July 23, 2016
Here’s a rundown on what to expect from the latest preview build update:
My Games & Apps
- Resolved an issue which could cause certain universal apps (Movies & TV) and updates to get stuck in the queue.
- The user’s selected background color should now be applied to game and app tiles appearing in Updates and Ready to install.
- Resolved an issue which caused certain phrases like “Hey Cortana play music”, “Hey Cortana launch videos” to return an error rather than launch Groove Music or Movies & TV.
- Build contains a fix to address Cortana failing to launch certain games and apps.
- You should no longer encounter “Installation Stopped” errors when attempting to download or update the Blu-Ray Player app.
While there are no new features, that is to be expected seeing as the Anniversary Update isn’t far off. We know the update is coming on August 2, 2016 for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile, but Xbox and HoloLens users will have to wait a bit longer.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Hulu, Weather and Netflix apps available on the Xbox One Console
- Xbox One warns you of excessive gameplay
- Dead Rising and Dead Rising 2 coming to Xbox One and PC
Installing Android drivers on a PC should be a walk in a park. You connect your handset with the PC via the USB cable and, […]
Do you have NOX installed on your PC? Are you experiencing any form of lag while running it? This article is specially designed for you! […]
Do you have ExpressVPN installed on your PC? Do you encounter connection problems after an update? This guide will help you out. Here, we’ll be […]