Kinect Adapter for Xbox One S and Windows 10 PC now available for pre-order
The Xbox One S is 40% slimmer than the Xbox One and comes with a price that reflects its smaller size due to the removal of hardware component due to space constraints. One of these components was the dedicated Kinect port, which means that you’ll now have to use a Kinect adapter.
Kinect for Xbox One is still compatible with the Xbox One S via the new adapter. You can already pre-order the adapter from Amazon for $39.99. If you already own an Xbox One and a Kinect device, Microsoft will give you the Kinect adapter for free provided that you purchase the new Xbox One S.
The Xbox One S Kinect Adapter is scheduled for release on August 31, but it will be pricier once it’s released.
Included features :
- “Experience the convenience and versatility of the Xbox One Kinect Sensor on your Xbox One S or Windows PC
- Play games where you are the controller on Xbox One S and instantly capture screenshots or game clips
- Connect to a Windows PC via USB 3.0 and craft experiences that are more natural, personal and engaging
- Advanced skeletal tracking and enhanced noise isolation
- Wider field of view with the 1080p HD camera.”
Currently, the Xbox Kinect Adapter can only be shipped within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For the time being, international shipping is unavailable.
Despite its size, the Xbox One S will incorporate top-tier specs and will be able to play video games at 4K Ultra HD resolution. In addition, the console will feature a streamlined controller and a vertical stand.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft showcases upcoming Xbox One games in a new video
- Xbox One S HDR support could be limited to HDR10 standard, Dolby Vision unlikely
- Xbox One Summer Preview now available for Insiders
The software distribution is nowadays mostly digital, and even Microsoft changed they approach with Windows 10. However, Windows 10 Media Creation Tool, the best tool […]