Xbox One and Windows 10 automated refunds could arrive this year
Microsoft is currently running tests for theaWindows Store Refunds System for selected participants of the Windows 10 and Xbox Insider programs. The program allows users to refund digital products purchased from the Windows Store similar to how Steam does, with Microsoft’s seemingly more limited.
Some of the criteria for a refund include the following:
- The purchase must be less than two weeks old.
- The item must have less than 2 hours of usage.
- The item must have been downloaded and launched at least once.
- The refund request can only be made a day after the initial purchase.
DLC and season pass purchases are not eligible for refunds. You’ll also find out that some Windows 10 apps might not work with this refund system. Microsoft reserves the right to block Windows 10 users who abuse this refund system.
How to request a refund on Xbox
- Go to the Microsoft Store page
- Sign in to the account that was used when making the purchase
- Go to your Order History and load it
- Find the item that you have bought and select the “request a refund” option.
The refund system should be integrated directly into the application instead of being only on the Microsoft Store website because at the moment, purchases and refunds are separate.
Windows Store is competing with Steam and more digital software stores on Windows, but for now, Microsoft’s system of refunds remains more limited than Valve’s refund system on Steam.
We’re still waiting to see how exactly this is going to get implemented once it hits Xbox and Windows, and if it’s going to be rolled out with a new version of the Store.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Redstone 3 could bring the Office suite to the Windows Store
- Game emulators are now blocked in the Windows Store
- Download the new UWP Windows 10 Telegram App from the Windows Store
Even if you live in one of the most developed countries in the world, where everything seems to work perfectly, computer privacy is often under […]
The thought of producing EDM (electronic dance music) may have crossed your mind several times especially if you are a content creator, budding music artist […]
No matter if you run a business or not, if you want store data, QNAP (Quality Network Appliance Provider) Systems is probably the answer you […]