The Xbox One Spring Update is now available for download
Microsoft has been testing new features for the Xbox One in all Insider rings and now, the Xbox One Spring Update eventually rolled out to the Insiders in the lowest ring which is the Omega ring. So, all Xbox Insiders who are part of the Omega ring can quickly head to the Xbox settings and get the update.
The Xbox One Spring Update packs lots of improvements
Besides becoming available for all Xbox Insiders, the Xbox One Spring Update will shortly roll out to the general public as well. The update brings support for 1440p video output, and this will solve the issue regarding the gap between Full HD and 4K displays.
More new features include improvements for Mixer such as the possibility to start Mixer broadcasts from anywhere on Xbox One and a shared controller.
More novelties are increased performance for Microsoft Edge browser, filtering tools targeted at Club owners and the option to share on Twitter screen captures and Xbox content.
It’s also worth noting that Microsoft fixed the problem where users could experience the failure notification and real-time tracking achievements.
Known issues of the Xbox One Spring update
Here are the problems that have been discovered lurking in the Xbox One Spring update:
- You may encounter issues when trying to sign in, create or recover accounts after downloading the 1804 update. The issue seems to be triggered by a new configuration file.
- Netflix on Monitor works at 1080p and doesn’t support 1440p, but you can solve this issue by setting the display output to 1080p if you’re using a monitor/LCD.
- Some games may not show in HDR, and if this happens to you as well, you’re advised to file feedback in order to help the investigation of this issue.
- There may be issues with a controller vibrating non-stop when you’re using the share controller or the co-pilot feature.
- You may sometime encounter a wrong Profile color when you’re powering the console.
- When you’re quitting a game or app via the guide, Home may not be loading, and you may be faced with a black screen.
- The volume in Hulu app is lower.
Some users might see a brand new experience for Xbox Live Gold that involves a dedicated tab to view and access all redeemed Games with Gold titles.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Xbox One users can monitor their game downloads from the Guide
- Xbox Live Rewards becomes Microsoft Rewards in June
- Looking for the best Xbox One dust cover to buy? Here are the top 5