The latest Preview Alpha update reaches the Xbox Insiders, and it brings a lot of goodies and some known issues as well — because what’s an update without a few problems of its own? The update is not that significant regarding its size, but it manages to fix an essential issue for potentially affected users.
We’re referring to a hotfix that patches stability issues. The update will prevent consoles from crashing when players have them in Instant On mode. The fixes target Game Hubs, Mixer, Settings, Spotify, Twitch and system reliability.
Xbox One update 1805 fixes
- The issue in which users receive a black screen when they launch full-screen Game Hubs has been resolved.
- The problem in which certain users would lose Interactive channels’ functionality has been fixed.
- The issue in which some users are not able to enter a username or credit card number via the virtual keyboard when they’re adding a new payment option has also been taken care of.
- The search function of the Spotify app was updated in the app and on the console platform.
- The system stability issue has been resolved, and the console will not crash anymore.
- The issue in which when users select the (B) button in Twitch this led to unsnapping the app instead of displaying the Broadcast and chat section was also fixed.
Known issues target audio, profile color, and Pi-hole:
- It looks like some user may experience intermittent loss of audio with particular configurations of AV receivers with ATMOS.
- Pi-hole users may bump into sign in issues or problems while creating or recovering accounts after downloading the 1804 update. To address the issue, you can simply add clientconfig.passport.net to the Pi-hole allowed IP address list.
- Users may see an incorrect Profile color when they’re powering on the console.
You can check out the official Xbox notes here.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT: