- The latest Xbox Update Preview introduces a couple of new features.
- Streaming on Twitch will be easier with the Console Live Streaming.
- Also, all Insiders will get the beta version of the Xbox Cloud Gaming.
- Microsoft also released a list of fixes and known issues for this update.
We were wondering if you can spare 10 minutes to talk about streaming. If your answer is yes then just sit back and let us bring you the latest updates.
We know that streaming on Twitch from the PlayStation5 is relatively easy, but the situation drastically changes when we are talking about the Xbox Series X or S.
To do so, you currently need to download the Twitch app and run through a series of steps, which let’s face it, is tedious work when you just want to game and stream.
However, this is all about to change, and here’s how it will happen in the not-so-distant future.
New Xbox Update Preview changes how we stream
The Redmond tech company is introducing Console Live Streaming on its latest update Xbox Insider preview, making Twitch access easier and more direct.
It also added an Xbox Cloud Gaming beta to Xbox One, giving users of older consoles access to the latest games.
In order to use the new Twitch streaming feature, you’ll just need to navigate the Capture and Share tab and choose Live streaming. Pretty easy, right?
Link your Twitch account using a mobile device or console settings, then hit the Go live now button to start streaming gameplay.
This feature only streams game play so viewers will see a pause screen if the user navigates to home or another app,
If you’re still on an Xbox One and want to play Xbox Series X/S titles or more hardware-intensive games, the Xbox Cloud Gaming beta is also available to Insiders.
Remember that this feature is only currently available for Xbox Insiders, not to the general public. If you want to become one, just head on to the official page and sign up.
The update’s fixes and known issues
What kind of a software release would we even be talking about if it didn’t come with some bugs or issues, and of course, fixes for previous problems.
Under the Fixes category for this new update we only have one entry:
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
However, if we look at Known issues, the list is a bit longer than we expected, and we’re hoping that Microsoft will take fix all these problems as soon as possible.
- We’ve received some reports that playback is becoming green and pixelated. We are aware and investigating.
Console Live Streaming
- Live streaming overlay may fail to appear and show you are live.
- Workaround: Restart the broadcast.
- Some titles that should be enabled for live stream may display a “can’t stream/broadcast this title” error and go into a pause state.
- Workaround: Restart the broadcast.
- Note: Some titles intentionally do not allow live streaming and will always display a pause state.
- Some users report issues during account linking in Guide with a mobile device.
- Workaround: Close the page with the QR code after completing account linking on mobile.
- We’ve received some reports that users’ controllers are randomly losing sync or disconnecting from the console. If you encounter this behavior please make sure and report this issue after reconnecting.
- Users who have updated their controllers to the latest firmware outlined here have reported issues using the controller via Bluetooth on Windows 10.
- Workaround: Users can connect the controller via USB or via the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10. Also, controller will work via Bluetooth in Windows 11.
- We’ve received reports that controller input is not working when a game is launched.
- Workaround: Reboot the console and relaunch the game.
- We are investigating reports of the audio mixer being unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
- We’ve received some reports that HDMI-CEC is not working correctly.
- Note: Ensure that your TV supports HDMI-CEC and is also enabled before filing feedback.
- Some users have reported that the icon for a disc-based title is not appearing on the dashboard.
My Games & Apps
- Users are reporting that they are unable to complete transferring content between Internal and External HDDs. We are aware and investigating.
- Titles in collection may incorrectly appear with a trial tag.
Are you an Xbox Insider? Have you already tested the new streaming feature? Share your experience with us in the comments section below.