XCOM 2 issues on Xbox One: a promising game, but not yet perfect
XCOM 2 is an exciting alien hunting game that will turn you into the ultimate hero. The fate of humankind lies in your hands as you fight against ruthless alien forces set for destruction. At the same time, you need to coordinate the projects of the research department, and make sure your soldiers have the best weapons at their disposal.
These tasks are complex enough, and the last thing you need are game issues. Unfortunately, XCOM 2 is not a bug-free game. According to gamers’ reports, XCOM 2 issues can range from crashes and freezes to minor graphics bugs. No matter how unimportant an issue may seem, it can limit your gaming experience, or even ruin it especially if it occurs in the middle of a fierce battle against aliens.
Frequent XCOM 2 issues on Xbox One
1. Sometimes, the FPS rate drastically drops, but only for a short period of time. Gamers’ reports suggest this happens mainly on loading screen, and it doesn’t block the gameplay altogether.
Loading screens (when in the ship flying to a mission) the frame rate drops a heck of a lot but that only happens on the loading screens. Some cut screens will have some texture pop as well but in mission I have rarely seen it. My guess a simple patch will fix 90% of it.
2. The neon white graphics limit the gaming experience for many gamers. However, they confirmed their systems meet the requirements for this game and there should be no reason for the annoying neon white graphics to appear. Here’s what the gameplay images look like:
3. Some facilities are unavailable. This is a rather severe issue because not being able to access facilities such as research, armory, and engineering limits the game progress. Completing research and engineering projects is essential to your army’s success. If your soldiers are not backed up by strong technological advancements that can be translated into better weaponry, they don’t stand a chance against the enemy.
Lost 3 hours of gameplay because the facilities never unlocked and so I couldn’t complete any research or engineering projects. Had to totally restart my game and lose all that progress because of this glitch. Really disappointing start to Xcom2 after how amazing XCOM EU was.
4.Missing DLCs block access to the multiplayer mode. XCOM 2 allows gamers to play online with other people only if they have the exact same DLC packages installed. Otherwise, the multiplayer mode is unavailable. This limitation is very annoying because it’s dividing the game’s fan base.
The main issues is that the missing DLC packages often don’t bring anything new to the game. In other words, there is no major difference between the gamers having installed an additional DLC and those who didn’t get it. Judging by the gamers’ reports, it appears that this limitation is prevalent for the players running the CD version of the game. One possible solution for such situations is to actually uninstall and reinstall the CD version of the game.
Me and a buddy picked up the new xcom as soon as it released on xbox. We had both got the deluxe version, and when we went to play online with eachother, it kept telling us that we didn’t have compatible versions, that one of us had more dlc then the other. Long story short, we figured out that he never downloaded the 50 mb reference to the resistence warrior pack. once this was downloaded we could play together. […]
I hope this is a glitch that will be addressed, instead of a staple to the multiplayer. To divide your player base with this price barrier is extremely dissapointing. especially when it is purely cosmetic.
5. XCOM 2 freezes when renaming your soldier. If you no longer like your soldier’s name, you can change it, but you should avoid typing over the original name because this action cause the game to freeze.
If you try to rename your character by typing over the original name, the game freezes. Luckily, there’s a simple workaround: simply hit X and delete the original name prior to entering the new one. Just wanted to raise awareness in case folks lose some decent progress due to game freezing 🙂
As expected, the XCOM 2 gaming experience has been smoother and more stable on the Xbox One console. PC gamers are experiencing far more issues than their Xbox One counterparts, such as random crashes and black screen with sound.
Of course, this list is not an exhaustive one, and doesn’t cover all the XCOM 2 issues encountered by Xbox One gamers. The purpose of this article is to list the most frequent bugs reported by Xbox One gamers playing XCOM 2, and offer some workarounds, if available.
If you have encountered other issues that we didn’t list in this article, feel free to tell us more about your experience in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- XCOM 2 controller support limitation dissapoints gamers
- Forza Horizon 3 is plagued by issues on Xbox One
- Call of Duty 3 now playable on Xbox One
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]
Microsoft released a new Windows 7 update to the general public. Update KB4457139 is actually a preview of the upcoming monthly rollup update and allows users […]