XCOM 2 coming to Xbox One on September 6 in the US, pre-orders soon available
XCOM 2 will finally come to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in September. The first to try out the game will be US gamers starting September 6, while a worldwide launch is scheduled for September 9.
The game is set 20 years in the future where humanity lost the war against the alien threat. A new world order is in place, and all humans have to comply with it. As a secret paramilitary organization, XCOM is largely forgotten, but could be mankind’s last hope to reclaim Earth from the aliens’ rule and free mankind from its evil plans.
XCOM members must strike back from the shadows and keep their operations secret to as to avoid alien retaliation. The human race is in need and desperately needs to be liberated from its alien overlords. Resistance is the only solution.
If you pre-order the console version, you will also be able to unlock extra features like the Resistance Warrior Pack, which includes bonus outfits, headgear and custom facial war paint, as well as a “Survivor of the Old War,” a new XCOM recruit who will appear in the Avenger’s barracks.
A digital deluxe edition is also available and includes the Reinforcement Pack, which is actually a collection of three DLC packs:
- Anarchy’s Children: This content pack brings more than 100 new exotic customizations for the entire arsenal of armors available to your XCOM soldiers. These options are purely cosmetic and don’t alter your soldiers’ stat.
- Alien Hunters: This pack allows you to transform the soldiers of XCOM into an elite alien hunting squad. They will have access to impressive weapons and armor, allowing them to stand against the new alien Rulers. Additional cosmetic upgrades to soldiers and the Avenger are included. A new epic mission where Central Officer Bradford leads a squad with the guidance of an old friend is also available if you want to try something new.
- Shen’s Last Gift: This pack brings a new soldier class with unique upgradeable weapons, armor and customization features, as well as a new narrative-driven mission and map.
For the time being, pre-ordering is not yet live on the game developer’s website, but should soon be available.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft rolls out invites for Xbox One Anniversary Update preview
- Buy the Xbox One for $299 until June 13, 2016
- Best Windows 10 gaming laptops for true gamers
- 100+ Best Windows 10 Store Games to Play
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]