Xiaomi just announced its new flagship Windows 10 device, the Mi Notebook Pro. The new device was unveiled at Xiaomi’s event today, but we still don’t know when will it hit the store shelves.
Judging by the Mi Notebook Pro’s specifications, many experts already agree this is Xiaomi’s another shot at Apple. This time, the MacBook Pro is the main target. We remind you that Xiaomi’s first ever Windows 10 laptop, the Mi Notebook Air was also seen as the direct rival to Apple’s MacBook Air.
When it comes to specs, the Mi Notebook Pro sports a 15.6-inch display and is powered by an Intel Core i7 processor. It will also feature up to 16GB RAM and a Nvidia GeForce MX150 graphics chip.
And when it comes to connectivity, the device feature a 3-in-1 SD card slot, two USB Type-C ports, a HDMI port, two USB 3.0 ports and a 3.5mm headphone jack. Xiaomi also advertises its new cooling system, that should keep the laptop’s temperature optimal at any time. And there’s also a fingerprint sensor for Windows Hello.
As for the pricing, the Notebook Pro is obviously going to be more expensive than its predecessor, with the cheapest option starting from 5599 RMB ($858). Here’s the complete pricing plan:
- Core i7/16GB RAM model – RMB 6999 ($1075 USD)
- Core i7/8GB RAM model – RMB 6399 ($981 USD)
- Core i5/8GB RAM model – RMB 5599 ($859 USD)
We still don’t know whether the new laptop will be for the Chinese market only, or the company will decide to give the global market a shot. As it appears now, the first option is more realistic. So, the Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro could easily end up being MacBook’s competitor in China only.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Is there a new Windows smartwatch in the works from Microsoft?
- A new Surface device could land on October 31: Here are the 3 candidates
- Samsung Notebook 9 Pro is now available for a mass market-friendly $899
- Lenovo’s ThinkPad A Series notebooks will launch on September 15