- There are many great browsers on the market, but none of them have achieved such popularity as Google Chrome has.
- Chrome errors can sometimes occur, and many users reported Your connection is not private error message in Chrome.
- We covered a wide range of Chrome issues in our Chrome hub, so be sure to check it out for more useful guides.
- If you need further guidance with fixing your PC, visit our website's Fix section.
Online security and privacy is rather important especially if you’re sharing sensitive information. Many users are reporting the Your connection is not private error that prevents them from accessing certain websites.
Since this can be a big problem, today we’re going to show you how to fix it.
These solutions will also help if you are experiencing the following:
- SSRS your connection to this site is not private
- Kaspersky your connection is not private
- Chrome your connection is not private
- Fiddler your connection is not private
- “The proxy requires a username and password your connection to this site is not private”
How can I fix the connection privacy error on Chrome?
Fix – Your connection is not private error
Consistent errors when using a particular browser mean only one thing: you need to change your browser.
As such, regardless of which you use as a default at the moment, we recommend you try a different one: Opera. It is built using the Chromium engine, and it is also extremely lightweight and frequently updated.
More so, it comes with an ad and tracking blocker, as well as a VPN, so connection privacy will never be an issue ever again.
OperaVisit any website without worrying about connection privacy with the help of this fantastic and secure browser.
If you use a network connection that has a monthly bandwidth limit, you might want to check your network usage. Many internet providers have a bandwidth limit, and if you exceed that limit you might run into certain issues.
According to users, the Your connection is not private error appeared because they exceeded their bandwidth limit. If you’re having this error, be sure to check if you exceeded your monthly bandwidth limit.
If you notice that bandwidth limitations are the reason for many of your problems, then maybe you should consider using a tool that can better control the way you use it.
One such tool is PRTG Network Monitor from Paessler, and it not only monitors your traffic, but also the systems, devices, traffic, and applications in your IT infrastructure.
PRTG Network MonitorManage the way your PC uses your bandwidth with one of the best network monitoring tools on the market today!
3. Make sure that you sign in to the portal
If you’re using a Wi-Fi connection, you can sometimes encounter the Your connection is not private error. This problem usually occurs if you’re connecting to a new Wi-Fi network that has a sign-in portal.
To fix the problem, be sure you sign in to the portal and check if that solves the issue. To sign in to the portal, simply visit any website and enter your login information. After doing that, check if the problem is resolved.
4. Use Incognito mode
- To start Incognito mode on Chrome, click the Menu button in the top right corner and choose New incognito window from the menu.
- Alternatively, you can just press Ctrl+ Shift + N to open a new incognito window.
- After doing that, check if the problem is resolved. If the error message doesn’t occur while using Incognito mode, it’s possible that one of your extensions is causing this issue.
5. Disable your extensions
- Click the Menu button in the top right corner and choose More tools > Extensions.
- A list of extensions will now appear. To disable an extension, uncheck Enabled checkbox on the right. Repeat this step for all available extensions.
- After disabling all extensions, check if the problem still persists.
- If not, you need to enable extensions one by one until you find the one that is causing the problem.
- After finding the problematic extension, update it and check if that solves the problem.
- If not, you’ll need to remove that extension from Chrome.
Several users reported that the Rocket Tab extension was causing this issue on their PC. If you have this extension installed, we strongly suggest you disable it or delete it and check if that solves the problem.
6. Make sure that you have the latest Windows updates installed
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- Go to Update & security section. Select Windows Update tab and click on Check for updates button.
- Windows 10 will now check for updates. If any update is available, Windows will download it and install it automatically.
Your connection is not private error can appear due to missing system updates, so be sure to have the latest Windows updates installed.
FAQ: Learn more about Google Chrome
- How do you fix your connection is not private?
To fix Your connection is not private message, try disabling your antivirus temporarily or remove any extensions that might interfere with Chrome.
- Why does Chrome keep saying your connection is not private?
Your connection is not private error appears in Chrome if there’s a problem with SSL certificates while accessing certain websites.
- How do I make my connection private on Chrome?
To make your connection private on Chrome, try using the Incognito mode or remove your cache.
- Why am I getting a privacy error on Google Chrome?
Usually, this error message will appear if your antivirus has an HTTPS protection or any other feature that scans SSL connections. Just disable this feature and the error should be gone.
Editor’s Note: This article continues on the next page.