In the event that a careless driver backs into your car, they are not at fault—you are. Or put clearly, that’s typically the opinion most police officers will give.
But if you had a 360-degree camera installed in your car, it would provide an incontrovertible proof of what actually transpired. 360-degree dash cameras are gaining popularity as a way to provide rock-solid evidence of what actually happened during a collision with another driver.
Such cameras not only accelerate the reporting and processing of an accident but also provide proof that is more reliable than eyewitnesses.
By virtual of their ability to capture events from all angles, 360-degree dash cameras have become the go-to choice for many drivers.
In this roundup, we will discuss the best 360-degree dash cameras that are worth buying.
Car Dash Cam WiFi FHD 1080P
If you’re looking for 360-degree dash camera, you might want to consider Car Dash Cam WiFi FHD 1080P.
- Sony IMX323 sensor
- Supports 1920×1080 video at 30 frames per second
- 170-degree ultra-wide angle
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Dedicated HQBKING App that allows you to operate the dash cam and watch recordings on your phone
- Advanced night vision thanks to the F/1.6 aperture,6-glass lens, and WDR
- This is also a 360-degree dash cam with motion sensor and it provides 24-hour parking mode with motion detection
- Easy to install
- Supports cards up to 128GB
- Battery: 140mAh 3.7V lithium battery
VAVA Dash Cam
This is another great 360-degree dash camera that offers 1080p video recording. As for additional features, here are several most notable ones:
- Records 1920x1080p video at 60 frames per second
- 360-degree swivel angle
- 155-degree lens
- Sony IMX323 CMOS with support for night vision
- Built-in GPS that allows you to track your driving route
- Dedicated VAVA Dash cam app that allows you to view video streams live or to download footage to your phone
- 24-hour parking monitor
- Loop recording, g-sensor
- Editor’s Note: If you’re interested in other types of cameras, check out our wide collection of guides.
Garmin Dash Cam 46
If you’re looking for a compact 360-degree dash camera, then this model might be perfect for you. Some of the most notable features of this model are the following:
- 140-degree field of view
- Records 1080p footage
- Ability to automatically record and save footage of incidents
- Voice control that supports 6 different languages
- Driver alters for forward collision, lane departure, etc.
- Dash Cam Auto Sync feature that allows you to control and play footage from up to four cameras using the dedicated app
- Red light and speed camera
Waylens Secure360 WiFi Dash Camera
If you’re looking for a true 360-degree dash camera, this might be the perfect model for you. Regarding the features, here are some most notable features that this camera offers:
- 360-degree vision with a single f/2.0 aperture lens
- Night vision thanks to the IR LEDs
- Clear and sharp video thanks to the high-performance ambrella camera processor
- Radar, 3-axis accelerometer and GPS
- Battery life: 360 hours or 15 days
- Bluetooth 4.0
- A dedicated app that allows you to view recordings remotely
WISEUP 360-degree dash cam
- The 4 wide-angle camera setup delivers 360-degree panoramic view eliminating nearly all the blind spots
- Each of the four cameras has a 1200 field of view with IR night vision (rear view camera) for enhanced visibility at night
- The included 7-inch TFT LCD monitor records at a video resolution of 800 x 480. The monitor is well configured such that the video screen switches automatically according to the driving directions.
- The camera supports a maximum of 4ch video outputs and 4ch real-time video recording and display.
- Support for microSD cards up to 64GB and PAL/NTSC TV support
360-degree dash cameras have begun to gain popularity due to the exclusive features they offer, and soon we will be seeing more and more hit the market.
They come in many shapes and sizes, and each model incorporates its own unique features. Some come with powerful CMOS sensors, some have inbuilt GPS and Wi-Fi, while others take a form factor.
When buying a 360-degree dash camera, it’s important to consider the features you want in place. You can use this article to guide you in buying the best 360-degree dash camera in the market today.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in January 2017 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.