- Automated mechanisms that search for and exploit vulnerable systems are very popular and diversified.
- But you can counteract them by using efficient anti-hacking software, on top of your antivirus.
- This article is part of our Antivirus section where you will find expert advice and recommendations.
- Don't miss the Security & Privacy Hub for more inspiration on this topic.
Hackers are a constant menace for all Internet users, and it’s a well-known fact that no antivirus can make your computer threat-proof.
The best solution is to use a complementary anti-hacking software, compatible with the antivirus software you’ve already installed, for an additional layer of protection.
This article aims at listing the best anti-hacking software you can use in Windows 10, to make it harder, if not impossible, for hackers to access your computer.
Which is the best anti-hacking software for Windows 10?
Vipre antivirus is an extremely powerful tool that uses the latest technologies to ensure fast detection against the latest, emerging, and advanced cyber-threats.
Some of the features that you can benefit from are:
- Anti-threat protection against malware, spyware and any type of virus;
- Cloud-enabled security for instant protection, anywhere;
- Application patching to update all apps and avoid vulnerabilities,
- Dark Web Scanner to protect against email attacks or attempts to break into your passwords;
- Ransomware protection.
The premium version of the product can protect up to 10 devices and bundles together three products: advanced security, privacy shield, and VPN.
Vipre Antivirus PlusYou deserve the fastest and most powerful cyber-protection you can get and Vipre will offer just that.
Bitdefender is currently in the top AV’s in the world. This tool not only has the basic features of antivirus but is enforced with multiple specific tools in order to prevent any type of attack.
Personal data become one of the most important points in Bitdefender’s security policy, so you can install this tool as its features protect against hacking.
Here’s what you will get with Bitdefender:
- Creates special lists to protect against ransomware (crypto lockers) and the newest signatures
- Webcam protection: no one will be able to access your webcam while Bitdefender is active
- Dedicated firewall: set up a second firewall and be double protected while certain programs access the internet
- Wi-Fi network security advisor: if a certain Wi-Fi network may be set up by a hacker, in order to steal data, you will be notified
- Vulnerability scans in order to detect important missing components of system software
- Multidevice protection – set up this awesome security tool on your other devices
If you want to really put an anti-hacking lock on your PC, we strongly recommend you Bitdefender Antivirus.
Malwarebytes detects and eliminates malware your antivirus program often misses.
Also, it removes rootkits and repairs the files they damage.
The Premium version of the product offers a series of upgraded features, that will make your computer threat-proof, including the sturdy breach-protection.
If you are concerned with possible breaches, this anti-hacking software is a good option for you.
You can use at ease the free version of the product, however, it only comes with a scanning and threat removal feature.
For real-time protection and the fully-featured product, you have to get the premium software, that you can actually test if you install the free tool.
What to expect from Malwarebytes:
- Prevents access to and from known malicious webpages.
- Detects malware automatically in real-time, before it can infect.
- Scans faster by only looking for active threats.
- Enables you to schedule automatic scans and database updates.
- Prevents malware from terminating Malwarebytes or modifying its processes.
Reason Security is a tool that removes malware and adware that your standard antivirus has missed.
Thanks to its multi-layer structure, Reason Security provides real-time protection, preventing unwanted programs from being installed with the software you download.
Other features include:
- Quiet and unobtrusive processes that won’t slow down your computer or consume unnecessary resources.
- Web browser protection against adware toolbars, bloatware, crapware.
- Cloud-based scans.
Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection
Cyber attacks are increasing in sophistication and Microsoft wants Windows 10 to be a hard nut to crack for hackers.
This is why Windows Defender helps users to detect, investigate, and respond to advanced attacks on their systems.
This tool is built on the existing Windows 10 security defenses and provides a better post-breach layer of protection.
Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection is currently available for Windows 10 Enterprise, Windows 10 Enterprise for Education, Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Pro Education, and is already running on Insiders’ computers.
So if you’re running one of the mentioned versions, go to the Windows Defender’s portal, sign in and download the Advanced Threat Protection feature.
This security feature anticipates the most common actions that hackers might use to access your computer and protects it by diverting, terminating, blocking, and invalidating those actions.
The main advantage is that EMET protects your computer even before new and undiscovered threats are formally addressed by security updates and antivirus programs.
Also, EMET is compatible with most commonly used home and enterprise third-party applications, securing every file on your computer.
You can download this security tool from Microsoft’s site.
Have you already used one of the security tools listed above? Tell us more about your experience in the comment section below.
FAQ: Learn more about hacking and how to stay safe from it
- How do I protect my PC from hacking?
The best way to avoid being hacked is to have a solid antivirus tool installed that can help you.
- Which antivirus is best against hacking?
Antivirus tools specialize in different fields, from preventing infections to fixing the ones already there. If you want something good against hacking, continue reading up on this list.
- Can I get hacked by browsing online?
Yes, you can. In fact, bad browsing habits such as visiting shady websites can expose you to hackers. Protect yourself using secure browser alternatives.