Hackers are a constant thread for all Internet users, and it’s a well-known fact that no antivirus can make your computer threat-proof. The best solution is to use a complementary anti-hacking software, compatible with the antivirus software you’re using, for an additional layer of protection.
Editor's pick: Bitdefender
Bitdefender is currently in the top AV’s in the world. This tool not only has the basic features of antivirus but is enforced with multiple specific tools in order to prevent any type of attacks.
Personal data become one of the most important points in Bitdefender’s security policy, so you can install this tool as its features protect against hacking.
Here’s what you will get with Bitdefender:
- Creates special lists to protect against ransomware (crypto lockers) and the newest signatures
- Webcam protection: no one will be able to access your webcam while Bitdefender is active
- Dedicated firewall: set up a second firewall and be double protected while certain programs access the internet
- Wi-Fi network security advisor: if a certain Wi-Fi network may be set up by a hacker, in order to steal data, you will be notified
- Vulnerability scans in order to detect important missing components of system software
- Multidevice protection – set up this awesome security tool on your other devices
If you want to really put an anti-hacking lock on your PC, we strongly recommend you Bitdefender Antivirus.World's best antivirus
Reason Core Security (suggested)
This security tool removes malware and adware that your standard antivirus has missed.
Thanks to its multi-layer structure, Reason Core Security provides real-time protection, preventing unwanted programs from being installed with the software you download.
Other features include:
- Reason Core Security it’s quiet and unobtrusive, and won’t slow down your computer or consume unnecessary resources.
- Keeps your web browser safe from adware extensions.
- With cloud-based scans, you’re always protected against the most recent threats.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (suggested)
This tool detects and eliminates malware your antivirus program often misses.
Also, it removes rootkits and repairs the files they damage. The Premium version of Anti-Malware offers a series of upgraded features, that will make your computer almost threat-proof, including the sturdy breach-protection. If you are concerned with possible breaches, this anti-hacking software is a good option for you.
You can test out these feature for 14 days using the free version of the tool, but after this period, we recommend you purchase the premium version.
What to expect from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware:
- Prevents access to and from known malicious webpages.
- Detects malware automatically in real-time, before it can infect.
- Scans faster by only looking for active threats.
- Enables you to schedule automatic scans and database updates.
- Prevents malware from terminating Malwarebytes or modifying its processes.
Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection
Cyber attacks are increasing in sophistication and Microsoft wants Windows 10 to be a hard nut to crack for hackers. Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection helps users to detect, investigate, and respond to advanced attacks on their systems.
This tool is built on the existing Windows 10 security defenses and provides a better post-breach layer of protection.
It detects the threats that have circumvented defenses and offers response recommendations as well.
Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection is currently available for Windows 10 Enterprise, Windows 10 Enterprise for Education, Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Pro Education, and is already running on Insiders’ computers.
We expect Microsoft to make this feature available to all Windows 10 users in the near future: “We encourage our customers to upgrade to Windows 10 for our most advanced security protection, with the opportunity to take advantage of Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection when it becomes available more broadly this year. “
If you’re running a Windows Pro or Enterprise version, go to Windows Defender’s portal, sign in and download the Advanced Threat Protection feature.
Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit
This security feature anticipates the most common actions that hackers might use to access your computer and protects it by diverting, terminating, blocking, and invalidating those actions.
The main advantage is that EMET protects your computer even before new and undiscovered threats are formally addressed by security updates and antivirus programs.
Also, EMET is compatible with most commonly used home and enterprise third-party applications, securing every file on your computer.
You can download this security tool from Microsoft’s site.
Have you already used one of the security tools listed above? Tell us more about your experience in the comment section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in August 2016 and has been since revamped and updated with new products so our users would have a wider range of alternatives.