- When it comes to archives, it's a struggle when you cannot extract the compressed file due to software errors.
- In today’s article, we’re going to show you how to solve the Windows 10 Error 42125 ZIP archive is corrupted for good.
- Check out our dedicated Fix hub and learn how to solve other related issues like a pro.
- If you’re having additional issues with other applications, our PC Software Hub has all the fixes you need.
Unfortunately, ZIP archives are not without problems and the issues that arise are various, one of them is the Windows 10 Error 42125 ZIP archive is corrupted, and it appears when trying to open the compressed file.
There are different reasons why you may get this error message but rest assured the solution is pretty simple to solve in just a few easy steps.
In this article we will go through what you can do in order to fix this error in the most efficient way, so make sure to keep on reading.
How do I fix 7zip error while extracting zip archive?
1. Use WinZip
Before going into more depth with how you can fix the Windows 10 Error 42125 ZIP archive is corrupted when trying to extract your compressed files, we would suggest that you have a look at WinZip.
WinZip is a popular and widely used software, that over time has proven to be the number one choice for many users. This is understandable since it’s more error-free than other software alike.
Using the software is incredibly simple, all you need to do is select them and press on the Extract option in order to start the process.
Another excellent selling point is that WinZip supports different archive type files, such as ZIP, ZIPX, RAR, 7Z, GZ, ISO, IMG, TAR GZ, TAR, GZIP, GZ, and many others.
Moreover, you can use it to compress folders, images, MP3, videos but most importantly, thanks to the built-in repair feature, you can also repair your archive if due to uncontrollable circumstances, it becomes damaged.
Let’s have a look at some of its key features:
- Back-up feature
- File manager feature
- 128-bit and 256-bit AES encryption
- Can be used on Mac and Pc
- File splitter feature
WinZipAvoid getting extract errors when working with archived files, by using this amazing software!
2. Use the Repair option
- Right-click on the corrupted RAR file.
- Next, select Open with WinRAR.
- Click on the Tools option and select Repair archive.
- Select the Browse button to locate and select the corrupted file.
- In the Repaired file field, choose the destination where you want the repaired RAR file to be saved.
- Wait for the repairing process to be completed
- Click OK.
3. Uninstall the graphics card drivers
- Click on the Start button.
- In the search box, type devmgmt.msc, and then press Enter.
- Select the graphics card device and right-click on it.
- Now select Properties.
- Under the Driver tab, you just need to click on the Uninstall button.
- If you want the driver completely removed from the computer, check the option that says Delete the driver software for this device.
- Confirm your action by clicking OK.
Make sure that once this procedure is finished, you head over to the manufacturer’s website and reinstall the latest driver version.
4. Update WinRAR
- Launch WinRAR on your Windows PC.
- Click on Help and then select About WinRAR.
- Next, in the About WinRAR window look for the WinRAR version info and the edition.
- Go to the WinRAR download page and install it on your PC.
- Click the Latest version of WinRAR under English WinRAR and RAR releases. Make sure to choose the correct edition 32-bit/64-bit depending on your PC’s Operating System.
- Click Continue to download WinRAR.
- Run the installer and proceed with the installation.
With this last step, we conclude our list of suggestions and we hope that one of them has helped you solve the Windows 10 Error 42125 ZIP archive is corrupted.
After completing our above steps you should be able to open your compressed files, without any problem whatsoever.
If you have additional suggestions or recommendations, please let us know in the comments section below.