- Activating the Microsoft 365 product key is mandatory if you want to keep using the Office suite beyond the trial period.
- The process is a very intuitive one. You just have to make sure that you are using the correct key and you have it at hand when it's time to activate it.
- Keep searching for more interesting articles in our Microsoft 365 section on the website, as we've covered many topics.
- Check out our extensive productivity Microsoft Software Hub to find the best product for you.
Microsoft 365 is a set of productivity and collaboration tools among them Word, Excel, Skype, or Outlook. The tools can be tried individually for free, for 30 days. Afterward, subscribing to a paid plan is mandatory to further use the service.
Whether you purchased a Microsoft 365 suite from the official Microsoft store, or a third-party provider, the product comes with a 25-digit license key.
Upon installing one of the features, from the Microsoft page, at a certain point, you are also required to enter the product key.
In today’s guide, we will discuss the fastest way to activate a Microsoft 365 account. Read on for more details.
How can I activate and use Office 365?
Office 365 Activation with license key
- Visit the Microsoft 365 dedicated setup pages.
- Sign in with the Microsoft account that you used previously.
- Enter your license key found on the purchase confirmation email or receipt, and click Next.
- Install the apps you need by following the on-screen instructions.
Note: The product key is necessary just for the first upgrade to the paid plan. Further upgrades for each tool are done by signing in to your Microsoft account.
Activate Microsoft 365 with a renewal key
If you have renewed your Microsoft subscription, you only have to sign-in to your Microsoft account and enter the new product key.
Alternatively, Microsoft might prompt you for a new key since it will detect that your subscription has expired. Once you enter the new key, the subscription will be automatically renewed across all tools.
We hope that this guide has proven useful for you. If you have any questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment by using the section found below this article.
FAQ: Learn more about using the Microsoft 365 suite
- Can I use MS Office without activation?
Except for the Home & Student 2019 solution, all other Microsoft 365 solutions are available for a one-month trial period. During this time, you can use them without activation.
- Where can I find my Microsoft product key?
The Microsoft 365 product key can be found in the purchase confirmation email if you purchased online, or on the receipt or key card, if you purchased from a store.
- How do I activate a preinstalled Office?
First, sing up or sign in to your Microsoft account. Then, enter the key that came with the premium version of the product and install other tools available in the respective suite.