Many Power BI users encountered an issue with the search box in Slicer. This is a very serious problem that puts people in difficulty.
One user said the following on the official forum:
For some reason I can’t figure out how to enable the search box in a Slicer. I’ve tried data that had more that 80k record and as little as 50. Nothing seems to work. Am I missing something? Is there a flag or switch I need to flip?
So, the OP encountered the problem regardless of the amount of data used. It’s safe to say this is a general problem for this user, but fortunately, the search box is there… Somehow.
Steps to add the search box in slicer in Power BI
- Select the Slicer icon from the Visualizations.
- Click the three dots (…) from the upper-right corner of the Slicer.
- There, you should find the option Enable search.
So, the search box is not so obvious at first sight, but also this feature is not hard to find.
Did you find this solution useful? How do you use slicers in Power BI? Let us know in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- 8 best free cloud software for Windows
- 5 free cloud accounting software to keep your books updated on the fly
- 4 of the best decentralized cloud storage solutions to use today