- An antivirus for browser hijackers will stop them from redirecting you to random unwanted sites.
- We have comprised a list of the best browser antivirus software for you to choose from.
- Our selection includes programs that have trial periods for you to try out and help you decide.10
- Some of the best browser hijacker removal tools from below also protect your PC from malware.
Do you need antivirus against web browser hijackers? This post is meant for you.
A browser hijacker usually takes over your browser settings and redirects you to sites which you never thought of visiting. It is a malware program.
Browser hijackings often times come from browser extensions, toolbars browser or helper objects. They can cause your device to display content that you do not need or stop responding. E.g pop-up ads, intrusive notifications, and PUPs.
You can remove any add-ons recently installed on your device and scan for browser hijackers using an antivirus solution. In this post, we have listed some of the best and most trusted antivirus applications against browser hijackers.
What about a browser that has built-in security features?
Nowadays, if you aren’t targeted via email, most of the malware you can ever get is via the Internet, and more precisely, through your Internet browser.
Given that your browser is basically a gateway, might we suggest one that comes with some built-in security features instead?
It is called Opera, and it comes with a built-in ad-blocker, tracking-blocker, and a VPN without any traffic limit so you can enjoy limitless surfing without being recorded by anyone.
Additionally, the vast library of add-ons allows you to enhance the already strong levels of security with antivirus add-ons such as Download Virus Checker.
Visit all of your favorite websites without fear of malware attakcs with one of teh world’s safest and most secure web browsers.
Best antivirus to block browser hijackers
This is the Best Value for Windows PC Protection and it comes with different programs for PCs and Android mobile devices.
It is very compatible with the Windows OS. BitDefender offers full protection and scans all files, page URLs for malicious websites.
This security software protects against malware on various devices and it is also very good for slow computers.
Some of Bitdefender’s key features:
- It has a multiplatform system. All your devices can be secured at the same license
- It comes with various security tools for all the platforms, such as antitheft tools and parental controls, and Bitdefender’s password manager can also be used on Windows computers
- It offers protection from ransomware
- Bitdefender provides multi-device protection for $10 to $30 which is lesser than other products
- Good for file encryption
- Quick product updates
- A very easy installation
- It can be gotten with a 30 days free trial. Within this period, you can check its features to know if it suits your taste
- Strong firewall
- It offers safe pay during online transactions and various e-commerce activities
BitdefenderGet the best antivirus tool on the market, and protect yourself from the most harmful software with Bitdefender!
Avast Pro Antivirus does not require much introduction. It is quite popular among many users and one of the best security software available for Windows OS.
It has a password manager and DNS protection that prevents the hijacking of DNS, and also, it helps in the protection against website redirects.
Some of Avast’s core features:
- It is has a multi-function security software that has an easy to use interface
- It has unique features that make it different from other PC suites
- It has the Wi-Fi-Scanner which continuously investigates and removes potential threats from your router and network
- It detects when your application needs an update and updates automatically for you
- A modern UI
- Very light on the system
- Good detection of malware capabilities
- A customizable installer
Kaspersky Internet Security is very good and compatible with the Windows OS. It has everything you would need in a suite and its components are very effective.
This security software has a strong firewall that can give your system maximum protection against unknown connections. It has an anti-malware security suitable to detect viruses before they infect your PC.
It also has browser protection which helps to protect your device from reaching malicious websites.
Take a look at Kaspersky’s main features:
- It got the best scores from about five labs
- It has an awesome anti-phishing score
- It has an advanced disinfection scan
- It has a firewall with powerful application control
- Protection for Windows OS and Android devices
- Automated security patching
- Webcam protection and so many other bonus features
- Malicious software can easily be detected
- RAM usage is low
McAfee is amongst the best internet security software for Windows OS. It enables offline updates, and it will protect everything browser-related.
It has its own firewall that helps in deciding which content makes an entrance into your PC, its own VPN, it also secures your downloaded files and it has a password manager.
Overall, the software is going to keep you safe from the harmful bloatware, hijackers, and adware you usually get from mistakenly clicking malicious links.
Check MCAfee’s core features:
- Safe browsing of the web
- Great customer service
- It has a multi-factor password manager app. You can create unique passwords for your accounts online
- Secure cloud storage is guaranteed. The software ensures secured banking, shopping, and socializing
- It has an easy to use the web-based console
- Guaranteed home network protection
- It can adequately detect quarantines and block malware and viruses in order to prevent damage to your PC
- It also keeps away zero-day threats and protects you against any potential threat
- Regular updates at an affordable price
- Very easy to use interface with guaranteed easy access to all its features.
- Compared to other security software, McAfee is cheap
This security software is one of the best internet security software. It ranks very high for protection and usability independent tests.
It protects your device from malicious websites. In addition, it is compatible with Windows OS. Not only is Norton a good browser antivirus, it is also great for protecting your files.
The software will scan you PC, and provide you with a list of malicious software. In addition to that, it will also block anything and alert you of any suspicious activity in your computer or on a website.
Here are some of Norton’s key features:
- Operating system: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7
- It has some of the best internet protection tools coupled with 24/7 tech support
- One license covers about five devices
- Great firewall
- So many bonus features
- This software has wonderful protection tools and can detect malware easily no matter what type of device you use
- It has an organized interface
- Norton does not tax computer resources too much, so it is difficult to experience any lag while it runs
- It has advanced protection tools which includes parental controls, password manager and lots of online backup storage
- It does not affect the speed of a PC
- Great performance hands-on test
- Wisdom of crowds used by its integrated firewall
- Detection scores and protection is very high
ESET is a PC protection company that has been in operation for about two decades now. It helps to keep threats at bay and offers great protection against malicious websites.
The ESET NOD32 is an antivirus software compatible with the Windows OS and uses very little of the computers’ resources.
Here are some of ESET’s core features:
- The interface has very easy to understand navigation features
- It offers comprehensive protection against spyware, viruses, worms, adware, and rootkits
- It has a great prevention system that disables unauthorized modification to programs and certain files
- It offers great protection for removable media such as external hard drives and USB flash drives
- Applications that connect to malicious websites are proactively blocked.
- Incoming and outgoing emails are effectively scanned
- A thorough scanning lasts just about fifteen minutes, after which a report of the status of your PC’s security is provided
- Gaming mode blocks unwanted popups and intrusions during gaming activities
- A snapshot of system changes is captured by the SysInspector to track system changes and for tech support use
- Online safety tool educates new users on how to stay safe online.
- Software updates, virus and malware definitions are downloaded automatically
This security software is the best for browser protection and also has one of the best anti-viruses for Windows.
It is compatible with the Windows OS. It can protect your devices from ransomware, Trojans, and viruses and keeps all your banking connection secured.
Here are some of F-Secure’s key features:
- Instant notification once the virus is detected
- It has an antivirus which protects your privacy and security; all your devices are safe from virus and spyware
- It has family rules. With just one subscription, you can protect your family and set great boundaries for your children’s device use
- It has a device finder. You can easily locate, lock or erase your device
- It can protect multiple Windows devices at the same time
- It effectively manages users and devices
In conclusion, you can protect your web-browser against browser hijackers by using any of the Antivirus software we mentioned above. Feel free to comment below if you have any questions. Protect your devices today.
Frequently Asked Questions
Browser hijackers are dangerous as many of them change your Windows Registry settings without you even noticing that. Other unwanted behaviors include changing your browser settings and injecting malware into your browser.
To remove browser hijackers, uninstall all the browser extensions, check for browser updates and run an in-depth antivirus scan on your computer.
To prevent browser redirects which are often caused by browser hijackers, go to your browser’s security settings and locate the pop-ups and redirects option. Turn this option off to block browser redirects.