- When it comes to online privacy and security, these tools are critical: An antivirus and a VPN. Well, how about an antivirus that comes with a free VPN included in the license?
- Take a look at our recommendations and see which one fits you better, based on your devices and needs.
- Stay in touch with best practices and the latest news from our VPN Hub.
- Bookmark our Antivirus section and get the right tool for your specific needs.
Meanwhile, an active VPN protects you from hackers and masks your activities from the prying eyes of ISPs’. It also enables your device to appear as if you are physically located with the VPN server. Hence, your true location becomes hidden.
In this post, Windows Report has come up with the best Antivirus program which also offers free VPN services.
Best antivirus with free VPN for Windows PCs
Norton has been in the antivirus industry for a very long time. It had its up and downs and users from several years ago can easily remember how difficult it was to use it. It had a bad interface, it was very annoying with a lot of notifications and so on.
All of that is in the past now and only the name remains: Norton 360 – it the same as an older product but other than that, they have nothing else in common.
It looks very good, it provides top-notch protection from viruses, malware and spyware and it doesn’t impact the performance of your computer. The VPN that is included, comes with unlimited bandwidth and a “no log” policy that we found to be very useful.
A Norton360 license comes with multiple benefits that we like including:
- A really good antivirus
- Password Manager
- PC SafeCam
- Cloud Backup storage
All of these features are included in any plan you choose. However, we must point out two things. If you have kids, getting the Deluxe version will also provide you with Parental Control functionality which is very useful.
Also, if you plan on using a VPN all the time, like you should, getting Norton 360 Deluxe makes more sense because you can install it on 5 different devices.
Norton 360Get this top antivirus for excellent protection with free, unlimited VPN and other features that protect your digital life.
Avira Phantom VPN secures the web browsing of so many devices. Subscription for Avira software begins at $10 per month.
The free version of Avira does not include the Kill Switch feature, which obstructs your apps from communicating with the internet in case your VPN gets disconnected. Technical support also, is not available for the free version.
Avira Phantom VPN keeps your devices protected against several network threats.
- Avira subscription allows you protect so many devices.
- Users of Windows OS make use of the VPN protocol (OpenVPN). It is fast, new, secure, and open-source.
- Avira contains the Kill Switch with DNS protections.
- Avira ensures that no one monitors your DNS requests
- This subscription service is easy to use.
- It enables BitTorrent and P2P.
- Data logging policy is unique.
- It works with Netflix.
- Desktop client is inelegant.
- Servers and server locations are few.
- No ad-blocking capabilities.
Avira PhantomGet Avira Phantom VPN and keep your device secure and protected against several network threats.
- Affordable pricing.
- DNS leak protection.
- Open-source technology for Windows operating system.
- Unsecured networks and public Wi-Fi are protected.
- Peer-to-peer support.
- Secure connection is guaranteed.
- Choice can be made from a several speedy servers around the world.
- Your online activities can be hidden from advertisers, employers and governments.
- Confusing pricing structure.
- Few servers and few server locations.
- No stand-out features.
Avast SecureLineGet Avast SecureLine and ensure your device with VPN security, supreme privacy, and secure connection.
The Panda antivirus free security software is compatible with the Windows OS. It is a low resource Antivirus. It makes use of cloud processing to protect your PC thereby removing the need for heavy software updates and demanding scans.
Panda Free Antivirus on the AV-Test records 98% mark for zero-day attacks and 100% for established threats.
- It has a great process monitor which enables you see active processes and lets you know if they are using a secure connection.
- It has a simple presentation and it is quite easy to use.
- DNS leak protection
- It also contains a handy vaccination tool that checks attached USB drives for malicious software.
- It has removal issues.
- It is dependent on internet connection.
- When scanning it is usually slow.
This is certainly one of the best free antivirus programs available. It has a proprietary Defense+ technology that usually assumes an unknown file is a potential threat which makes it almost 100% effective.
Comodo definitions complete database is updated almost every day. Always, check the Summary date for the last update. It can be updated offline.
- It contains a full range of detection engines for spyware, viruses, rootkits, and other malwares.
- It offers protection from all sources of infection like games, email, IM etc.
- It can block malicious websites by scanning URLs.
- It can optionally provide added security by using Comodo’s free DNS servers on your computer.
- Minimal usage of system resources.
- It offers multi-layered protection (HIPS, Sandbox, AV, and Firewall).
- It has a neat user interface and attractive GUI skins.
- Beginners find it difficult to use.
- Weak AV module and signatures.
- Automatic sandboxing of legitimate files.
- No proper information of how several modules work.
- Bug fixing is usually slow.
AVG Internet Security software is an all in one package. It is very compatible with the Windows OS. It effectively protects devices against online threats.
- It optimizes the speed of your system very much.
- Great storage zones for sensitive files.
- Great price.
- It has a well-integrated interface.
- It does not have the best malware protection.
- It has some important features missing.
- It has a user interface whose upselling is quite heavy.
Ready to try one of these antiviruses with free VPN? Share your favorite pick in the comments section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in January 2018 and has been since revamped and updated in June 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
Frequently Asked Questions
A VPN will certainly not replace any type of antivirus because it performs a totally different function. An antivirus protects you from malicious files, while a VPN hides your IP and protects your online identity.
A VPN by itself will not stop spyware from installing on your computer. But a good antivirus will help you with that, so that’s why it’s easier to get a complete solution that offers both services.
Nothing stops you from downloading an infected file using a VPN. With a good antivirus, that download will either be blocked or immediately erased after the download is finished.