Automate your Windows PC easily with this useful tool
Are you too busy to perform daily tasks in front of your PC? If the answer is yes, then you’ll definitely find a tool that connects and automates things you do on your device very useful, especially since it gives you more time to handle real work.
Ellp is free to use and it can be installed on PCs and laptops running on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10, but its developer (based on the island of Malta) are planning to bring the tool to Android and iOS in the near future.
After installing Ellp, the program will launch and display ten cards that represent a task you’d want to automate:
- When my hard disk is getting full, free up space;
- When I plug in my headphones, play some music;
- When I download the same file twice, let me know;
- When it’s time, perform a privacy cleanup;
- When I turn on my PC, open my favorite website;
- When I’m tagged in Facebook photo, download a copy;
- When my email is involved in a data breach, alert me;
- When it’s time for bed, mute the sound on my PC;
- When I plug in my headphones, open Skype;
- When it’s time, turn off my PC.
When you click on any of these cards, you will be given more options such as setting the threshold when a cleanup is launched (“When my hard disk is getting full…”), which website to open or which time to specify (“…turn off my PC”), etc. However, if you select “When I plug in my headphones, play some music”, you’ll see that this control works only with USB headphones and instead of opening a local file or a playlist, the program opens a website to play music. Also, whenever friends tag you on Facebook, Ellp will automatically download that photo. It will also alert you if your email is involved in a data breach.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Xbox One lets you play MKV videos with these codecs
- Windows 7 loses 9% market share in one year, Windows 10 enjoys new users
- Firefox users still prefer Windows 7 over Windows 10
6 solutions to fix Unhandled Exception Errors Perform clean boot Perform SFC scan Run the Hardware Troubleshooter Perform virus scan Un-install and re-installing .NET Framework […]
The yuletide season is here and shopping has already reached frenzied proportions. Also, your mom and dad are easily among the most important persons you […]
Trying to run the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Management console in Windows 10 can often lead to the Cannot load management console error. This again […]