- In this article, we will explore the best onboarding software to successfully complete the induction phase of new employees
- These tools will allow you to quickly train new employees and boost their productivity
- Choose the right onboarding software for your company to increase the time new employees stay employed at your company
Onboarding, also known as induction training, is a very efficient way to get the new people you hire in your company up-to-date with the latest changes in the way the company offers services, the requirements for a specific job, benefits, etc.
In the past, the entire onboarding process took weeks to complete, depending on the size of your business. This process involved manually organizing classrooms and assigning teachers, checking the attendance of your new hires, and then manually collect data and transfer it to your database. This was a highly inefficient way to deal with new employee training.
The onboarding process is not only about making sure your employees understand the culture of your company, but that they also understand the underlying processes of their actions, and why a solution was chosen instead of another. This information allows your employee to make informed decisions that, in time will have a huge beneficial influence over the results of your company.
This process will allow your new employees to feel settled in, and, after the induction is completed, increase their productivity, their engagement, and, if all the information is clear, can increase the time they choose to stay employed at your company.
In this article, we will explore some of the best automated software options that allow you to streamline your onboarding process with just a few clicks.
Try these 5 software options to streamline the induction process of your company
Talent LMS (recommended)
Talent LMS is a learning management system that allows you to offer your new employees a complete training session. You can use this software to make the onboarding process of your company faster, more efficient, and in accordance with the type of company you own, adapt to your needs.
This software is easy to use, and because it’s an online platform, any user can create great induction training, manage them, and also easily collect data required on the go.
Because of its powerful engine, Talent LMS frees your employees from the task of long teaching sessions and allows them to focus on more important aspects of their job.
With its online database, Talent LMS offers you a great set of features, and also allows you to securely store any data obtained from the training sessions. This offers you peace of mind, knowing that every piece of data and all details of your new employees are safely stored in the cloud with encryption.
By using Talent LMS, you can prepare your new employees in regards to their role and responsibilities, covering a wide range of training types.
This app allows you to train your employees in the latest health and safety codes, offer on-the-job training (specific training for their job), possible advancement paths, and can also inform employees about professional ethics, harassment, etc.
Some of the most notable features of Talent LMS include:
- Powerful content editor – easily create courses
- Default Group feature – allows you to streamline the induction by selecting a number of courses and asign them to all new employees
- You can combine the induction with online tests, surveys, quizzez, etc.
- Great comprehensive reports regarding the induction process
- Ability to customize your induction creation by facility, department, etc.
- Single Sign-On integration
- REST API features – makes the administration process more user-friendly
- Learning paths – administer the way courses can be completed or viewed
- Advanced reporting features on test results
Talent LMS was released in 5 versions, each containing features tailored to the needs of different users :
- Talent LMS Free – up to 5 users and up to 10 courses
- Talent LMS Small – up to 25 users + unlimited courses
- Talent LMS Basic – 100 users, unlimited courses, single sign-on support
- Talent LMS Plus – contains all the features found in the previous versions and adds :
- Up to 500 users
- Custom reports
- Success Manager
- SSL for your custom domain
Talent LMS Premium – everything from Plus and adds Up to 1000 users.
BambooHR is a cloud-based human resources hub that offer a wide range of features that cover the hiring process, onboarding process, data management and reporting, etc.
The onboarding tools available in BambooHR allow you to set up your company induction process in such a way that the tracking of applicants, hiring, and employee transitions are all covered.You can use perfomance management features, reporting tools, e-signatures, and many other options.
You can also use BambooHR to automate different processes. Among many other automation posibilities, the onboarding tools found in this software can be also automated with ease, allowing you to save precious time and money.
You can always customize your version of BambooHR by creating more administrator seats, offer users a suport button, etc. The administrators can manage the number of people that can gain access to data, and people that will not.
Some of the best features of BambooHR include:
- Employee Self-Onboarding – allows new employees to go through the onboarding process on their own
- Data administration of employees and records
- Manage performance reviews with a new algorythm
- Human resources reports instantly
- Has the ability to track applicants – allows you to screen possible employees faster
- eNPS – allows you to keep in touch with the employee’s satisfaction
— RELATED: 5 best employee monitoring software to use
HROnboard is another great cloud-based platform that allows you to automate and manage every aspect of your company’s human resources department.
This software has built-in legislative forms from a variety of countries. This allows you to easily attend to any rules your company needs to follow, and also integrates perfectly with HR systems.
By using this cloud-based software, you can generate contracts, auto-complete forms, assign specific tasks to employees, and you can also customize your workflow in order to better optimize the onboarding process.
HROnboard is very efficient even from the employee’s perspective, as it offers a quick and easy way to learn everything they need in order to do their job perfectly, they can connect through LinkedIn and Facebook to chat to their new colleagues, and can also use the built-in chat system to keep in touch with their manager.
Some of the best features of HROnboard, that are worth mentioning include:
- Efficient communication with new employees
- Can create custom onboarding sessions depending on your employee and company’s domain of activity
- Good range of induction templates
- Great community support
- Can add different items to the onboarding process – tasks, content, pulse surveys, invites, etc.
- Automatically send calendar invites
- Ability to asign specific automated tasks
- Engagement indicators – allows you to keep in touch with your employee’s engagement
HROnboard offers 3 types of licensing. The most popular version is the Offers + Onboarding bundle, that allows you to create 100 offers, and also has great onboarding capabilities with mobile first options.
Another bundle pack offered by HROnboard is called The Complete Solution. As the name suggests, this bundle offers the entire range of employee lifecycle managing, from their onboarding to the end of their contract with your company.
You can also choose specific features that you need at the moment, and then, upgrade to another version, as needed. You can separately buy offers, onboarding features, transition features, and also offboarding capabilities.
Zenefits is another great cloud-based HR information system (HRIS) that allows you to easily manage your employees, create custom onboarding processes, administration features and also employee scheduling.
Zenefits is designed to be easy to understand and has a user-friendly UI that allows you to beging your own online onboarding process by completing only 5 online fields. Employees can sign all contracts and agreements online, and this software can automatically process the entire set of information obtained from the induction process, and organize it efficiently.
Zenefits is easily integratable with payroll, health insurance and other similar systems. You can manage every aspect of your HR deparment from one screen.
One of the best features of Zenefits, is the fact that the development team of the company constantly improves the app based on user feedback. This allows timely resolve to any bugs that could occur, making your company more efficient in the process. The team from Zenefits also have a in-house HR, insurance and payroll specialists that can help you solve any issues you encounter.
Key features include:
- Self-onboarding for employees
- Automatically checks for any benefits that apply to candidates
- Send offer letters and run background checks
- Creates reminder email messages
- No manual entry of data required
- Securely stores your HR documents and can collect electronic signatures
- Template-builder – allows you to create and customize new offer letters
- Automate the process of confirming employment eligibility, collecting information, sending out notices, etc.
Zenefits can be purchased either on an annual contract that saves you some money, or as a monthly contract.
The Standard version of Zenefits offers a good range of features that cover all the essential tools needed for onboarding employees and HR managing :
- Employee directory – all your employees are prested in one windows, with quick access to modify data
- HR records – stored data from your employees in a secured way
- Company organizational chart
- Can customize employee onboarding
- Creates HR, benefits and payroll reports
- Allows you visualize your data
- Creates custom reports
- Can track emplyee documents and forms
The Advanced version of Zenefits offers a broader range of compliance and HR for companies. This version includes all the capabitilies of the Stadard version, and adds:
- Time Off Tracking – can create and assign policies, but also manage requests and approvals
- ACA Compliance – determine if ACA Requirements are met, can track compliance using E-File ACA Forms
- Compliance assistant – helps you manage and track federal guidelines
- Comprehesive HR library
You also have the option to add different apps that allow you to expand the capabilities of Zenefits even more :
- Payroll App – helps you manage earnings, deductions, taxes, etc.
- Benefits App – allows you to find the best match regarding benefits
- Time and Attenadance App – manages your workforce by checking times
- HR Advisor – help regarding HR issues
- Payroll Advisor – help regarding payroll issues
- Ultimate Advisor – combines both HR and payroll advisor features
- Perfomance management pack
Paycor is another great cloud-based software suite that offers you a wide range of capabitilies. You can use Paycor for managing payroll, recruiting and onboarding of new employees, tax compliance, etc.
This software can automate the recruitment activites by tracking candidates, communications, the number of interview rounds, initiate onboarding, etc.
Because Paycor can track time and attentance of your employees, you get a simple to understand visual overview of the entire employee/ candidate database.
The features found in Paycor can be split into two categories.
- Post to free job boards and reward your employees for reffarals
- Can create a fully-branded careers site for your website
- Letter and response automation
- Can automatically save post-interview feedback for easy scoring
- Creates smart candidate profiles – removes the need of repeated data entry
- Makes it easy for your new hires to laern about the company by using an online platform
- Reduce the amount of time administrating hiring by automation
- Full online compliance documentation – I-9 and W-4 forms
- Can view and sign company documents online
- Integrates tax credit – allows you to save money by receiving Work Opportunity Tax credit
Because of the amount of time that is required in order to prepare your new employee for the job, it is recommended that you use automated onboarding software. This type of software will streamline your company’s hiring processes, without needing to waste your precious time.
In this article we explored some of the best software options on the market that allow you to do just that, and also offer a wide range of other features – payroll, taxes, smart data collection, etc.
We would love to know what software you chose from this list. Also, feel free to let us know if you have any preferred onboarding software, in the comment section below.