- If you want to protect your business resources and all the devices on your network, Avast Small Business Solutions can provide the help you need.
- This tool has a cloud-based dashboard that will allow you to control all security aspects from any device, anywhere.
- The higher-level plans also include a VPN for online privacy and a Patch Management tool to fix any vulnerabilities.
Even if you own or you’re in charge of protecting a small business, which doesn’t mean you don’t need to be always on high alert.
Well, at least that’s what you should do if you don’t have a dedicated security solution like Avast Small Business Solutions.
Phishing, ransomware, spyware, and other threats still lurking online, ready to take a shot at your servers or endpoints and compromise your digital assets.
That’s why, in this article, we will outline the best features of Avast Small Business Solutions and will explain how you can use this solution to protect your organization.
What is Avast Business Solutions and how can it help you?
Avast Business Solutions is a simple, but powerful, and affordable online security solution for your small business that you can trust to keep you protected without extensive maintenance.
Of course, the suites are built on Avast’s famous antivirus product that is present in three possible packages based on the level of security:
➡ Avast Essential Business Security – This solution includes the Avast award-winning antivirus to protect your business and all your devices against viruses, phishing, ransomware, spyware, zero-second threats, Wi-Fi network vulnerabilities, and more.
➡ Avast Premium Business Security – Combines the same antivirus with VPN and privacy tools to help your employees stay private and safe online.
➡ Avast Ultimate Business Security – Besides the antivirus and best privacy tools, you will also get patch management automation software that will keep your devices and applications updated and protected.
So, it all depends on your budget and needs. Whether you just want to keep all your devices secure, need extra privacy, or include automated updates, there’s an option for any situation.
What are the best features of Avast Business Solutions?
1. Online Management Platform (Business Hub)
Nowadays, the employees and the IT management team could be scattered all over the world but that doesn’t mean work has to stop and neither security.
With Avast Business Solutions, you can set up your device protection, manage your subscriptions, monitor, and add devices from a single friendly console anytime, anywhere.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
And that includes any number of devices. You may their status, policies, take quick actions, enable and disable security services, and a lot more, remotely.
If something happens, you will get notified immediately to take the necessary action. Of course, the alerts can be customized to get only the notifications relevant to your business.
The IT manager will be able to create and schedule reports to keep up with the health situation of all the devices that are used within your organization.
2. Privacy protection
With the Premium and Ultimate packages of Avast Business Solutions, you will also benefit from a built-in VPN that encrypts your data and secures your Internet connection.
That will come in handy, especially when the members of your organization are using public or unsecured Wi-Fi networks.
However, privacy protection includes end-to-end encryption so all the endpoints will be safe from any communication interception at all times.
3. Always-on protection
Keeping all your devices from your business safe might be a challenge but not if you benefit from the always-on protection from Avast Business Solutions.
That’s because it will provide security for all your devices covering all possible threats from viruses, spyware, phishing, ransomware, and other cyberattacks.
Plus, the File Shield protection scans opened or downloaded files to make sure they are malware-free. It also scans incoming and outgoing emails to ensure they are malware-free.
Moreover, the antivirus blocks any unsecured websites that can potentially infect any device used in your organization.
4. Data protection
We don’t need to stress how important is the client data, and the loss of sensitive information can cost your business a lot of time and money.
Remote attacks are on the rise but the firewall and network inspection tools from Avast block any intrusion attempts by monitoring all network traffic between your employee’s PCs and the outside world.
That will not only protect your business from data theft but also prevent unauthorized communication and interference.
The Behavior Shield from Avast protects against zero-second threats, malicious programs, and cyberspying on passwords and bank account details.
With this kind of endpoint and network security solution, you can rest assured that your personal, business, and customer information is safe from any attacks, including ransomware.
5. Patch management
A lot of the vulnerabilities come from unpatched apps and systems on the endpoint devices but if you opt for the Avast Ultimate Business Security plan, you will forget about that possible threat.
That’s because you will be able to patch the OS and third-party software of all your devices straight from the Patches section of the Avast Business Hub with a single click.
And the IT manager will be able to do that remotely for any device, whether it’s behind a firewall, at remote sites, or even asleep.
In the Dashboard, you will be able to see exactly the status of all the patches and their implementation progress and you can select only the patches you want or all of them in one shot.
6. Webcam & Password protections
The Password Protection and Webcam Shield feature are both built-in for the Premium and Ultimate packages of Avast Business Solutions.
When it comes to password protection, this solution not only stores and secures them, but also monitors their vulnerability and warns you about improving their security.
As for the webcam, unfortunately, cybercriminals developed a special taste in highjacking them to spy on unaware users.
But with the Webcam Shield, the system will always stay on guard to protect you against such malevolent actions at all times.
How do I activate the Avast Business Solutions trial subscription?
- Navigate to the Avast Small Business Solutions website, click on Account from the top-right corner, and select Business Hub.
- If you already have an account, this will lead to your login page but if you don’t, you may click to the Create an account or just log in with the Google or Facebook account.
- You will need to complete a small form with data about your credentials, region, and business name.
- Now, select whether you want to implement the solution for one or more companies and click the Continue to Hub button.
- In order to use the solution, you have to make a subscription, so select the Set up your subscriptions or if you allready have one, choose the Use activation code option.
- Luckily, by activating the trial version, you can test it for 30 days before buying so click on Trial options.
- Now, you can compare the three options and hit the Start trial button for the one you need.
- Next, click on the Activate trial button to start using the solution, no credit card needed, no complications.
How do I use Avast Business Solutions to protect my organization?
- Now that your free trial subscription is activated, click on Devices from the left pane and hit the Add device button from the top-right. As you can see from our screenshot, we already added one PC.
- Next, you will be able to choose the OS yu will install the product on, the type of installer, and if you scroll down, there are also options for choosing the antivirus version, the Patch Management add-on, select a group, policies and more. You might have noticed you can also install the software remotely by perform a network discovery procedure.
- Once you install the products on the endpoint, it will require a restart and the Avast Business Security – Antivirus Pro Plus (in our case) will perform a scan and notify you of the status of the system.
- However, the magic really happens in the Avast Business Hub Dashboard where you will immediately see a status with alerts, threats found, devices, and patches for the devices you’ve set up.
- When we went to the Alerts tab, we received a report with all the events and even a patch was resolved automatically.
- But a very useful option is the Network discovery tool from the Devices section that you can use to scan your network using one or more scanning agents. Using the endoints, you are able to detect all the devices and protect them by installing the available products.
- From the Policy section, it’s possible to enforce company restrictions, monitor ports, control virus protection and set up a myriad of other options remotely for each or your endpoints separately or for distinct groups.
- If you opted for a Premium or Ultimate plan, the Patches section will be unlocked, allowing you to apply updates to the OS or third-party apps remotely, with a single click.
- Lastly for your review, the Reports section will help you schedule or view a lot of detailed data about the situation of your network and devices for your IT management team.
Of course, there are many other options and functions to tinker with such as setting new accounts for the Business Hub, using the VPN, and others.
However, we believe that our overview provides all the necessary information you need to consider this solution as a very good choice for securing your business.
Avast Small Business Solutions pricing and offers
As we have mentioned at the beginning of this article, there are three possible packages to choose from:
- Avast Essential Business Security – It is priced at $36.99 for one device/year and it includes the Avast antivirus
- Avast Premium Business Security – It costs $46.99 for one device/year and adds a VPN and privacy tools
- Avast Ultimate Business Security – Priced at $56.99 for one device/year that includes all of the above and a patch management automation software
Of course, all the subscriptions include the Business Hub cloud-based dashboard that will help you manage all the devices and security from wherever you are in the world.
- Cloud-based, online, centralized dashboard
- Control all your network security and devices seamlessly
- Can implement the solution remotely
- Schedule reports for vulnerabilities and active threats with just a few clicks
- Easy to install and manage from a friendly console
- The Cloud back-up tool is available as an add-on
We were impressed by how easy it is to install and set up a professional-lever solution like Avast Business Solutions.
Although in our review, there seem to be a lot of steps, the whole process took only about a couple of minutes.
Of course, setting up the policies, adding and organizing all the devices on your network will probably keep you busy a bit more, but you only do that once.
After that, it’s just a matter of taking actions based on the users’ activity, installing important patches, and overall, keeping an eye out for any unusual behavior that it instantly detects.
We also liked the Business Hub’s clean and very well-organized dashboard that you can access from any device anywhere you have an Internet connection.
And if you already tried Avast Small Business Solutions, drop us a line about your experience in the comments section below.