- Some users reported that the Waiting for game to exit message prevented them from entering Battlefield 3.
- You can try using a different browser suitable for games.
- Check your antivirus solution, as it may interfere with certain games.
- Clear cookies and cache from your browser by following our guide below.
Battlefield is a popular first-person shooter franchise, however, many users reported Waiting for game to exit message in Battlefield. This message will prevent you from joining a game, and in today’s article, we’re going to show you a couple of methods that might help you fix this problem.
Battlefield 3 is probably one of the best installments in the Battlefield series, however, many users reported Waiting for game to exit message while trying to join a server. This isn’t the only problem with Battlefield 3, and speaking of problems, here are some similar issues that users reported:
- Battlefield 3 waiting for game to exit stuck – This issue can appear due to the Battlefield process that is running in the background. To fix the issue, end all Battlefield 3 processes and try to join the server again.
- Battlefield 3 coop waiting for game to exit – Sometimes browser glitches can be the cause for this problem. To fix the issue, try switching your browser or clear the browser cache.
- Battlefield 3 not launching – The most common cause for this problem is your antivirus, so in order to fix the problem, temporarily disable or uninstall your antivirus and check if that solves the issue.
Waiting for game to exit message in Battlefield 3, how to fix it?
- Try using a different browser
- Check your antivirus
- End Battlefield 3 process
- Temporarily log out of your Origin account
- Close PunkBuster
- Launch the game as administrator
- Close the browser and try to join the server again
- Click the X button next to the waiting bar
- Clear cookies and cache in your browser
Solution 1 – Try using a different browser
Battlefield 3 uses a web browser in order to help you find the server to join. This method isn’t perfect, and sometimes you can encounter Waiting for game to exit message while trying to start your game. To fix this problem, users are suggesting to switch to a different browser.
Many reported this problem in Google Chrome, but after switching to a different browser the issue was resolved.
You can switch to a different browser to avoid downloading and installing a new browser just so you could run Battlefield 3.
Keep all of your passwords, bookmarks and autofill data by switching to Opera in just a couple of clicks.
Solution 2 – End Battlefield 3 process
As we already mentioned, Waiting for game to exit message usually appears in your browser when you try to pick a game to join in Battlefield 3. According to users, you can fix this problem simply by ending the Battlefield 3 process in Task Manager.
This is actually quite simple, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Wait for the Waiting for game to exit message to appear. Don’t close your browser.
- Start Task Manager. You can do it by using the Ctrl + Shift + Esc shortcut.
- Locate Battlefield process on the list, right-click it and choose End Task from the menu.
- Close Task Manager, go back to your browser and you should be able to pick a server without any problems.
This is just a workaround, but it works according to users, so feel free to try it. Bear in mind that you’ll need to repeat this solution whenever you get Waiting for game to exit message.
Solution 3 – Check your antivirus
If you’re getting Waiting for game to exit message while trying to start Battlefield 3, the issue might be your antivirus. Sometimes antivirus software can interfere with certain games, and that can lead to this and many other errors. To fix the problem, be sure that Battlefield 3 and its installation directory are added to the list of exclusions in your antivirus. Also, make sure that Battlefield 3 is allowed through your firewall.
If those settings are in order, you can try disabling certain antivirus features and check if that helps. Alternatively, you can completely disable your antivirus and check if that solves the problem. In the worst-case scenario, you might have to remove your antivirus completely. Even if you choose to remove your antivirus, you’ll still be protected by Windows Defender, so there’s no need to worry about your safety.
If removing the antivirus solves the issue, perhaps this is a perfect time to consider switching to a different antivirus. Many antivirus applications have a Gaming Mode feature that will optimize your antivirus settings for gaming and prevent any antivirus interference.
Solution 4 – Temporarily log out of your Origin account
If you’re getting Waiting for game to exit while trying to find a Battlefield 3 game, the issue might be related to your Origin account. Sometimes there might be some glitches or syncing issues that can lead to this problem.
The fastest way to fix those issues is to temporarily log out of Origin. Once you log out, wait for a few moments and log back in. After doing that, try to start Battlefield 3 again and check if the issue is still there.
Solution 5 – Close PunkBuster
If you’re having issues with Waiting for game to exit message, the problem might be related to PunkBuster. Battlefield 3 uses PunkBuster anti-cheating service, and sometimes this service can stop you from joining a server.
To fix this problem, users are suggesting to open Task Manager and close PunkBuster. Simply look for PnkBstrA.exe process and end it. After doing that, you should be able to join any server with ease. Bear in mind that you need to have PunkBuster running in order to play Battlefield 3, so be sure to start it again before you join a server.
This is a simple workaround, and you’ll have to repeat it whenever this issue appears.