- If you're on the move, LTE router is a must-have devices, and in this guide we'll show you the best 4G LTE router with a SIM card slot.
- Most of these routers work with a specific carrier, but some are universal and they can work with any network.
- Models from this guide are compact, and most of them should easily fit in a bag, so you can carry them at all times.
- If you're looking for a SIM card router, we're certain that models from this guide should be more than suitable for your needs.
When you have no broadband Internet connection available in your area, the best option is to use a 4G router, and in today’s article we’ll going to show you the best 4G LTE router with sim card slot that you can get.
This article shows routers for all price ranges, so you should be able to find something that suits your needs.
What are the best LTE routers with a SIM card slot?
- Small design, very portable
- Speed up to 150 MBps download and 50 MBps upload
- Bridge mode has issues
The Netgear LB1120 model is a good router to be used as a back-up. You can use it as the primary Internet connection in areas that do not have strong broadband service.
It comes with a micro-SIM slot that is unlocked and can be used very well with AT&T and T-Mobile.
This device features Gigabit Ethernet WAN port for connection pass-through. You can connect it to an additional router and share the mobile connection with it. In this way, you can connect multiple devices, even those that have only Ethernet adapter.
- A full-color display for easy network management
- Up to 20 devices connected in the same time
- Unlocked, will accept all SIM cards
- The Wi-Fi range isn’t very wide
If you need a router for downloading games and videos, you should think of buying the NETGEAR Nighthawk M1 router.
Unlike the model LB1120 that provides an Internet speed of up to 150 Mbps download, this device reaches a maximum speed of 1 Gbps. That’s fast enough for uninterrupted HD streaming, gaming, and video calls.
The battery can be charged via a universal USB port. Its capacity of 5040 mAh will last you for up to 24 hours on a full charge. Furthermore, one USB port can be used to stream content live from the internet through any of your mobile devices.
- Speed up to 150MBps download and 50MBps upload
- Supports up to 32 users connected at the same time
- Works with both 3G and 4G networks
- Only one LAN port
The Huawei B310s-518 model from Huawei, a well-known company that produces various electronics, is one of the best 4G routers that you can get.
You can use it on virtually any mobile network. It is not tied to any specific service provider and it can carry any standard SIM from whichever GSM network you are using. Thus, you don’t have to be a Verizon or T-Mobile subscriber to use this device.
For a better Wi-Fi coverage, Huawei B310s-518 comes with 2 antennas in the pack.
- Speed up to 150MBps download and 50MBps upload
- Great Wi-Fi coverage
- Up to 32 users connected
- Does not work with Verizon
If you need a router to connect your devices not only to the Wi-Fi network but also via Ethernet cable, KuWFi 4G LTE CPE is the best option.
It features 4 Ethernet ports where you can connect computers without a Wi-Fi adapter. If you have broadband Internet, you can plug the WAN cable into one of the ports and configure the PPPoE connection.
If you have a large home with a floor, you can use this router as a Wi-Fi repeater so you can have internet all over the house.
- Easy to set up
- 4 Ethernet ports
- 2 antennas for better coverage
Another excellent choice for a home where you have to connect to Internet devices without a broadband network is the D-Link DWR-921_E router.
This device has dual-active firewalls (NAT/SPI) to control traffic and prevent exploits and intrusions. The WPA/WPA2 wireless encryption maintains the security and safety of your wireless networks.
If you decide to use it with the SIM card, from the web management page you can send and receive SMS. In addition, you can use it with a broadband connection.
If you have a vacation house or just need a back-up solution for the Internet access, an LTE router with a SIM card is the best choice.
This solution will also help you if you move a lot. Don’t worry about things like transferring your broadband connection to another place. Just take your LTE router with you and stay connected.
All of the above devices come with a SIM card slot and are compatible with 4G thus providing you with great speed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, your SIM card can be used in a 4G router or in a portable Wi-Fi hotspot.
A mobile router will work with a SIM card. However, a regular Wi-Fi router won’t work.
If you don’t have access to broadband connection, a 4G router can be a solid alternative. However, in terms of reliability, 802.11ac wireless routers are usually a better option.