You can improve the performance of your Naim system by adding compatible accessories to the speaker. One such accessory is a banana plug that allows you to terminate the loudspeaker cable.
Another advantage of using a banana plug is that it gives you the most reliable connection for any type of speaker cable termination. This is the most practical way of connecting speakers to amplifiers or receivers.
In this article, we have listed the best banana plugs for Naim so that you can conveniently terminate the plugs without having to solder the speaker wires.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best banana plugs for Naim to buy?
On top of our list the Sewell Deadbolt banana plugs. These are cost-effective banana plugs that come in pairs of 2 – 50. Positive negative plugs are marked with red and black for easier identification.
Sewell Deadbolt offers 24k gold plated connectors and crimping teeth for better performance. The fast lock technology allows you to self crimp a reliable connection in no time.
- Reasonably priced banana plugs with 2K gold plated connectors
- High-quality brass casing for maximum durability
- Can take maximum wire size of 8 AWG
- Some complaints of loose connectors
Monoprice 109436 makes speaker installation a breeze. These plugs are designed for use with amplifiers and Naim speakers that uses traditional binding posts.
Monoprice 109436 supports bare wire and spades and also accepts 12 to 18 AWG speaker wires. The color-coded plugs make it easy to maintain polarity.
Similar to Swell plugs, Monoprice 109436 also comes with 24K gold plated connectors for superior quality with brass body construction.
- Premium gold plated speaker banana plugs
- Supports both bare wires as well as spades with up to 18 AWG speaker wires.
- Color-coded plugs for easier identification
- Working with large AWG wires can be tricky
AmazonBasics Speaker Connector
Amazon makes some good accessories and one of them is AmazonBasics Speaker Connector. It is a premium quality banana plug with a 2K gold plated connector.
With AmazonBasics Speaker Connector you can use the female connection on the base of each plug for connecting multiple speakers from a single output.
According to Amazon, these plugs accept 12 to 18 AWG speaker wires and comes with color-coded red rings as well.
- Affordable banana plugs with 24K gold plated connectors
- 12 pairs of banana plugs with easy crimping for easy installation
- Female connection option to connect multiple speakers
- Some complaints of a loose connection
Sewell Silverback offers crystal clear signal and improves performance. It is a good quality banana plug for Naim speakers and comes with 24K gold plated connectors for noise-free performance.
The double screw design is claimed to be as effective as soldering without the hassle of the traditional connector.
- Accepts wire size up to 4mm
- Double screw design for hassle-free installation but as effective as soldered connectors
- 2K gold plated connectors for crystal clear signal
- The screw can take up space when used with a larger wire
If you are looking for corrosion-resistant banana plugs, then the Mediabridge offers some high-quality plugs for high-end speaker systems like Naim.
Mediabridge includes 12 pairs of banana plugs. It is compatible with bare wire, spades, and other banana plugs. You can connect 8-18 AWG speaker wires.
For durability, it comes with 24K gold plated connectors offering less distortion and better signals.
- Premium and costs effective 12 pairs of banana plugs
- Compatible with bare wires, spades, and other banana plugs
- Easy to installation using the included guide
- The plugs stick out and require extra space
Final thoughts on banana plugs for Naim speakers
If you are looking to terminate the Naim speaker wires, using the banana plug is the right way to do it. It helps you to reduce clutter and gives your audio system a cleaner look.