No home theater setup is complete without a good center channel speaker that offers crisp dialogue and completes the bass produced by all the other speakers connected to it.
Because home theaters are used especially for watching movies from the comfort of your own home, the center speaker is one of the most important elements for an immersive sound experience.
In today’s guide, we will discuss some of the best center channel speakers available on the market this year, and we will present you with a short but conclusive pros and cons list that will portray the best and worst features.
Read on to find out more details.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
The Yamaha NS-C210 is one of the best center channel speakers found on Amazon at an affordable price.
This 2-way bass-reflex center speaker is equipped with light aluminum cones for a fast reaction without distortion and has a 7/8 inches dome tweeter for recreating the mid and high pitch sounds.
- Slim design that allows it to blend easily into any home setup and environment
- Yamaha piano black or brown finish that looks amazing
- Very good bass
- 120 Watts power
- The materials used for the exterior, even though stylish, are not very good quality
The Klipsch RP-600C center channel speaker is an incredibly powerful and robust speaker that offers very good sound clarity accompanied by deep bass.
The ebony-colored finish for the containment box looks very good in any home decor, and, the amazing sound quality will make your friends ask where they can get one too.
- 1-inch titanium vented tweeter that uses a hybrid tractrix horn
- Dual copper ceramic-metallic woofers with the size of 6.5-inches each
- Tractrix port on the back of the speaker with great bass-reflex technology
- Scratch-resistant finishes with two colorways – ebony, and walnut
- No cons found regarding this product
MartinLogan Motion 50XT
The Motion 50XT model from MartinLogan is a very powerful and beautifully-designed center channel speaker that offers you amazingly immersive sound to complete the setup of your home theater.
It uses the Folded Motion Tweeter technology from MartinLogan that offers the mid-range and high pitch sounds a more crisp and powerful sound, by increasing the surface of the normal 1-inch range tweeter 8 times.
- Folded Motion Tweeter that offers very crisp sounds without any distortion
- Elegant design that perfectly fits into any home setup
- Vostro topology crossover built specifically for fast reaction equipped with a high-performance aluminum cone woofer
- Expensive, but the quality of sound provided makes it worth every cent
Atlantic Technology THX Ultra2
The THX Ultra2 center channel speaker model from Atlantic Technology is an incredibly powerful and beautifully designed speaker that offers theater sound quality directly into your home.
- Professional-level driver array that assures ideal tonal matching without reverberation
- Fitted with a rocker base that helps the speaker position itself ideally for great sound expansion
- Two 8-inch woofers, two 5-1/4-inch midrange drivers, and a 1-inch silk dome tweeter
- THX Ultra 2 Certified
- Very heavy speaker, not compatible with all speaker stands because of its great weight
Klipsch RC-64 II
The Klipsch RC-64 II is one of the best center channel speakers that can be found on the market this year, offering unprecedented sound quality, incredibly powerful sound, and an amazing cherry finish that dazzles even without playing music.
- Offers precise dialogue and deep bass to accompany it
- The materials used to build this speaker allows it to create a more powerful sound with less energy needed
- Magnetically shielded drivers
- Dynamic 1.75-inches tweeter with a titanium Linear Travel Suspension horn
- Expensive, but the sound quality and design make up for it
Last words on center channel speakers
The center channel speakers presented in this guide cover all purchasing ranges. From cheap speakers to more expensive ones, depending on your budget and your needs, you can surely find the right fit for you.
Don’t forget to tell us in the comments section below what you’ve decided to buy.
FAQ: Learn more about center channel speakers
- Can I use any speaker for center channel?
You can use any speaker as your center channel speaker, except for as a subwoofer. Ideally, the center channel speaker should be one with a horizontal design for optimum sound quality delivery.
- How high should a center channel speaker be?
For excellent audio quality, the center channel speaker should be placed 2 or 3 feet above ear level. For the speaker to deliver sound evenly across the room, place it on axis with the primary listening position.
- Do I need a center channel speaker for music?
You don’t necessarily need a center channel speaker for listening to music in stereo mode. If you don’t have one, your computer will equally distribute the sound output to your left and right speakers.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2019 and updated in February 2020 for freshness, and accuracy.