When you’re building an audio system or a home cinema, you may feel the need to buy components that compensate each other.
Either they have the same color scheme, or they all have the same minimalist design, having a system that looks like a complete set can be satisfying.
Additionally, some people may like certain styles, such as the ultra-modern look or the vintage look.
That’s precisely why we’ve compiled a list of what we think are the best good-looking stereo and AV receivers.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
Top stereo receivers with the best design to buy today
- Connect up to 4 speakers; A/B switching to play all at once, or in separate zones
- Built-in Bluetooth lets you wirelessly stream from other Bluetooth devices
- Low profile design fits easily into conventional AV cabinet
- 100 watts x 2 (8 ohms, 1 Kilo Hertz)
- Full size (1/4 Inch) headphone jack
- Wireless remote control
- Not the cleanest sound quality
The Sony STRDH190 is a stereo receiver that gets the job done and looks good while doing it too, thanks to the minimalist slim design that lets it fit into any cabinet.
As far as inputs go, it has a Phono input, 4 Stereo RCA audio inputs, 3.5-millimeter input, Stereo RCA output and it also comes with an FM Radio with 30 stations presets.
- Frequency Response : 10 Hz – 100 kHz (0 plus/ minus 0.5 dB / 0 plus/ minus 3.0 dB)
- Speaker selector for two systems.Input Sensitivity (CD):500 mV / 47 k-ohms
- Bluetooth to your favorite streaming music services
- Advanced circuitry design
- Issues with the Bluetooth connectivity
When it comes to modern designs and minimalist control systems, nothing beats the Yamaha R-S202BL thanks to the brushed aluminum finish and simplistic build.
Any device can be used to deliver good quality music as long as it supports Bluetooth, and you can also use it to listen to your favorite radio shows thanks to the 40 station FM/AM preset Tuning.
- Cue, play, and control music playback by voice with your Google Assistant smart speaker
- THX Certified Select guarantees the same reference volume level of a commercial theater
- Works with Sonos, Chromecast built-in, AirPlay 2, DTS Play-Fi and FlareConnect
- Stream from Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, TIDAL, Deezer, and TuneIn
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer provides an immersive listening experience
- Sound quality may drop at times
The Onkyo TX-NR696 amplifies accurate, noise-free signal processing with high-current power for dynamic speaker control, which results in a pure, rich, and authentic sound.
More so, the wide range of connectivity options and the support for Internet radio make it so that you never run out of things to listen to.
Best vintage stereo receivers to buy
Not everyone is crazy about the sleek and modern design of most stereo receivers you can buy on the market.
That’s precisely why some opt for stereo receivers that have a more vintage look, that have a control system that feels more analog, and a display that makes you think of car stereos from the good old days.
- A built-in LCD display with front panel audio control center, ID3 tag song readout displays track title
- FM antenna and remote control are included in the package for distant audio adjustments
- Features rotary knob controls for mic echo/volume, balance, bass, treble, and more
- Gives you 200W power w/ 100W RMS, accommodates 2 sets of speakers
- Perfect for your karaoke and home theater acoustic sound system
- Equipped with Bluetooth wireless music streaming
- Issues with the FM stereo
If vintage items are what you love, then you’ll adore the Pyle PDA6BU. Not only does it have a great design, but it also features a host of tools that let you enjoy quality sound from pretty much any source.
It doesn’t matter if you’re playing music off of your phone or are streaming from the Internet or via the FM radio, you will always have something to listen to.
- Works with today’s latest devices including smartphone, tablet, laptop, computer, etc
- Supports SD / MMC card, USB, MP3, AM FM tuner, AUX, CD player, and more
- The professional integrated stereo receiver has A/B speaker selector
- Equipped with Bluetooth for wireless music streaming
- Familiar interface
- The occasional sound drop
The Pyle PT272AUBT looks just like the stereos you had in your car in the ’90s and early 2000s, so it will surely bring out some nostalgia.
However, this stereo isn’t just a looker, it also provides great sound quality and you can use the Bluetooth, radio, and support for Internet streaming to play music from almost any source you could think of.
There’s no shame in wanting to have all of your items look in a certain way, especially if you’re the type that values aesthetics above all else.
However, knowing how to choose a stereo receiver that gets the job done and is not just a piece of electronic jewelry is recommended.
FAQ: Learn more about stereo receivers
- What are the best Stereo receivers based on design?
If you need a stereo receiver that will look well with the rest of your AV system, check out our top picks.
- I have Bose speakers. What stereo receiver is good for me?
Bose makes very good speakers, so you need very good stereo receivers to work well with them.
Check out this article featuring the best stereo receivers for Bose speakers.
- Do stereo receivers work with subwoofers?
Yes, in fact, there are a ton of models that feature subwoofer output as well.