Whenever you hit the road, you are bound to forget at least something. If that something happens to be a charger for your phone or tablet then you will be in a bit of trouble.
Fortunately, USB car chargers have been around for quite some time and those that have multiple USB ports are the best.
Because of their wide use, we’ve decided to make a list of the ones we consider to be the best. This is so that choosing one will be easier for you.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best dual USB car chargers that I can buy?
- PowerIQ and VoltageBoost combine to provide the fastest possible charge
- Up to 4.8 amps or 2.4 amps per port.
- One of the smallest ever USB car chargers, featuring two USB ports and an LED light for after dark.
- Does not support Qualcomm Quick Charge
The PowerDrive 2 is a neat dual USB car charger that condenses twin-port high-speed charging into an incredibly compact power source for any phones or tablets on the road.
The small size makes it so that it is easy to store in the car, but it still manages to deliver enough power to make it a very reliable charger.
- 5.4A 30W dual USB charging ports
- 3A Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0: provides 4x faster charging speed to compatible devices
- Compatible with any Android and iOS mobile devices
- Built-in protection system against over-current, over-charging and over-heating
- May have issues fast-charging with both ports simultaneously
If your electronic devices use up a lot of power or are the type that works with fast charging abilities, then the HUSSELL Car Charger is the car accessory that you need.
It has 2 5.4A 30W USB charging ports, allowing for your devices to be charged up to 100% before you even reach the destination.
It also has built-in protection against shocks, so you don’t have to worry about your gadget’s lifespan.
- Total power of 4.8A
- Works for all USB-powered devices
- Full zinc alloy body features scratch-resistant, nice in design and long-lasting in use
- Does not support Qualcomm Quick Charge
If you’re looking for a car charger that will give off a feeling of durability, then the AINOPE Car Charger indeed a good option to consider.
It is compact in size and features a full zinc alloy body, making it resistant to damage, scratches, and more of the sorts.
- Optimal Charging: Charge two devices simultaneously at full speed with 5V 2.4A
- Works with all USB-powered devices including Android and Apple smartphones and tablets
- Built-in protection against excessive current, overheating, and overcharging
- Plastic components may feel cheap
If you’re looking for a car charger that will take care of your devices, then the AUKEY USB Car Charger is the right model for you.
It manages to deliver power to both USB ports efficiently, while the safeguards protect your devices from sudden shocks of current.
- Quick Charge 3.0 charges devices up to 80% in just 35 minutes
- PowerIQ and VoltageBoost deliver the fastest possible charge to all non-Quick Charge devices
- Dual ports pump out 39W
- May have issues fast-charging 2 devices at once
Yet another Anker entry on our list, the Anker Quick Charge is a reliable option if you want to efficiently charge an electronic device while on the road.
It comes with Quick Charge, while the PowerIQ and VoltageBoost features make it so that devices are charged at the fastest possible speed, even on non-Quick Charge devices.
Car chargers are made to be more and more compact, and the latest models feature protective guards against shocks and overheating.
Furthermore, a lot of them come with Quick Charge options, so you don’t have to worry about slowly watching your phone die in your hands as the battery gives out.
Which one is your favorite? Tell us in the comments section.
FAQ: Learn more about car chargers
- Are all USB car chargers the same?
They differ in terms of the charging speed (depending on the charging power they can supply).
- What is the best USB car charger?
There are several brands that manufacture USB car chargers and we’ve picked just the best ones for you.
- How do I charge my phone in my car with a USB?
To charge your phone in your car you’ll need a USB car charger with the right charging cable with ports that match those on your phone and the charger, respectively.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in November 2019 and was revamped and updated in November 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.