Got a new guitar? Great. Don’t have a good cable that helps with noise reduction? It’s time to go shopping.
While buying a guitar cable, it is crucial to understand the significance of a good instrument cable. You’ll first have to decide if you need a long or short guitar cable. The second thing to consider is quality.
A good quality instrument cable can last months while a cheap quality cable will send you shopping again in a few weeks.
To make things a bit easier for you, we’ve put together a list of best instrument cables for your guitar and pedals to help you get the most from your gear.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
Top deals on cables for your guitar, bass guitar, or pedals
Planet Waves American Stage
Planet Waves is known for its top-quality instrument cables. The Planet Waves is another example of a top-quality instrument cable that comes equipped with an exclusive in=out technology.
The cable also has Geo-Tip that offers improved fit in all jacks and In-Line solder joint for superior conductivity and strength. American Stage cable is available in multiple sizes from 10 ft to 30 ft.
- Premium quality instrument cable in multiple sizes
- Exclusive in=out technology for improved output
- In-Line solder join for better performance
- Some complaints about the signal interruption
Mogami Gold INSTRUMENT
Mogami’s Gold Instrument series cables offer similar performance as Planet Wave’s American Stage; however, the cables are of higher quality, offering better durability.
It offers crystal clear tone and is not affected by the background noise. The cable is constructed with a conductive polymer sub-shield, Ultra High-density spiral shield, and an oxygen-free copper core.
The Mogami Gold INSTRUMENT is available in multiple sizes ranging from 3-foot to 25-foot.
- High-quality, durable instrument cable
- Available in multiple sizes
- Officers crystal clear tone and drop-dead silent background
- More expensive than American stage cables
Best guitar cables for noise reduction
And now let’s check out some great guitar cables that also offer noise reduction. While the first two have similar specifications, the following cables are perfect for DIY projects.
George L’s .155 Cable
If you like to make your own cable, then George L’s .155 offers instrument cables with solder-less connector design. These cables are also popular for their ultra-low capacity.
George L’s .155 Cable offers a well-shielded signal with excellent frequency response. To use the cables you need to buy the George L’s .155 connectors, sold separately.
- High-quality solder-less cable made for DIY guitarists
- Low capacitance
- 50” roll back guitar cable
- The thin profile of the cables may not be for everyone
Fender Performance Series Instrument Cables
Fender Performance Series Instrument Cables are made for electric guitar, bass guitar, electric mandolin, and pro audio devices. It also comes in multiple sizes ranging from 10ft to 25ft.
Fender Performance Series cables are made of Oxygen-Free Copper conductors and offer ultra-low capacitance levels for superior tone. Cable’s flexible construction prevents twisting, kinking and tangling.
- Instrument cables with ultra-low capacitance level for superior tone
- Comes equipped with 6.5 m PVC jacket and also the molded strain relief for durability
- Tends to get stiff in the cold
Ernie Ball Instrument Cable
If durability is your priority, Ernie Ball instrument cables are what you need. These cables are built to last while offering superior quality output.
Each cable has dual-conductors to offer clear guitar tones with crisp highs, tight mids, and rich harmonics. The Ernie Ball cable also offers shielded internals to reduce noise.
- Affordable instrument cables that is built to last
- Dual conductors offer clear guitar tones and internal shield reduces notice
- Oxygen-free copper to resist corrosion
- Nothing shorter than 10ft
Final thoughts on instrument cables for guitar
When it comes to instrument cables, you need to consider a lot of things, including the size, material, and quality. We hope this guide helps you to find the right instrument cable for your guitar and other equipments.