5 Best Handheld OCR Scanners For Accurate Document Capturing
What are the best handheld OCR scanners that I can buy?
If you’re looking for an OCR pen to teach your preschoolers how to read and write, then the LeapFrog LeapReader is just what you need.
It supports plenty of books and your children will learn how to adore reading, which will make storytelling time their favorite time of the day.
- The complete learn-to-read-and-write solution
- Includes LeapReader reading and writing system
- Touch pages or words to hear them read aloud
- Foster listening and comprehension skills with downloadable audiobooks
- activities help strengthen comprehension and school readiness skills.
- Explore 150+ interactive books and writing activities
- Issues with some tag books
If you use the Scanmarker Air, all you need to do is just slide your handheld scanning pen across a line of printed text and watch it appear instantly on the screen.
You can also use the device as a text reader, and a scanner that will send the text into text-editing tools, such as Microsoft Word.
- Lets you create summaries faster than ever before
- Super accurate and fast multilingual OCR text scanner
- Can be used to scan text into Microsoft Word or our intuitive mobile apps
- Edit, read aloud in real-time and translate on computers, smartphones, and tablets
- Portable, lightweight and convenient
- Powerful in-built battery rechargeable via USB
- Has troubles recognizing blurry fonts
The C-Pen Reader is a complete all-around text reading and scanning tool that looks just like a regular pen.
Not only is it capable of reading text out loud, it can display the definition of the word thanks to the built-in dictionary, and it can also instantly upload it onto a PC or Mac.
- Totally portable, pocket-sized device
- Reads the text out aloud with an English human-like digital voice
- Can instantly display the definition of the word
- Good at capturing lines of text and uploading to a PC or Mac into nearly any application.
- Collins 10th Edition Dictionary onboard
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
- Issues with the text reading feature
- The price tag
Scanmarker Digital Highlighter
Most OCR pens are made to recognize the English language, but not the Scanmarker Digital Highlighter, as it is capable of supporting several of the world’s most used languages.
Other than that, it offers the same features you’d expect in such devices, such as OCR, text upload to PC and Mac, and more.
- Create outlines and reports faster than ever before
- Super accurate and fast multilingual OCR text scanner ideal for students and professionals
- Can scan editable text directly into any computer application e.g. Microsoft Word
- Edit, read aloud in real-time and translate on Mac & Windows computers
- Portable, lightweight and easy to use
- The text scanning is efficient, but it isn’t instant
IRISPen Air 7
The IRISPen Air 7 is a handheld OCR scanner that can be used almost everywhere around the world since it can support over 130 different languages.
It is truly wireless thanks to its Bluetooth connection, and the compatibility with PC, MAC, IOS, and Android Devices makes it extremely versatile.
- Bluetooth connectivity making it wireless
- Compatible with PC, MAC, IOS & Android Devices
- Battery Rechargeable via USB
- Text and number recognition
- 130+ languages recognized
- Software isn’t very beginner-friendly
Closing thoughts on handheld OCR scanners
Learning to read and write is very difficult, especially in other languages. That is why technology provides us with a variety of devices meant to make the learning process a whole lot easier.
That’s precisely the reason why OCR scanners exist, and if you use them right, they will take your reading and writing skills and bring them to a whole new level.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.