Laptops don’t come cheap, so making sure that they stay safe during travel means you will be saving quite a lot of money. That’s precisely why hardshell laptop bags exist, as they are the heavily-armored version of a regular laptop bag.
There are plenty of hardshell backpacks on the market, but knowing which ones are good can be a bit tricky. That’s why we compiled a list of the best hardshell laptops that you can buy, so choosing one is much easier for you.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best hardshell laptop backpacks that I can buy?
The Alienware AWV15BP-2.0 is the ultimate hardshell laptop backpack that you can buy. It comes in sizes that can accommodate 13, 15 and 17-inch laptops, and the internal parts are made so they will sit incredibly fit.
Additionally, the materials make it impervious to physical harm, weather effects, and even water.
- Resilient high-density nylon encases the backpack, sheltering your gear from harm
- The back panel is molded to provide air circulation to keep you cool and comfortable
- The reinforced, weather-resistant, non-slip base provides added protection
- Dedicated, padded pockets protect your laptop and tablet device
- Plenty of space
- The price tag
Lenovo Legion Armored
Not only is it big enough to fit a 17-inch laptop, but the design and materials make it comfortable to wear for long periods without fear of the ravages of weather.
- 3 compartments and 16 well-placed pockets
- can fit a 17-inch laptop
- Hard, weatherproof exoskeleton
- A compression-molded back panel providing airflow ventilation.
- Rugged and stylish
- The zipper is not durable
JFG RACING Motorcycle Backpack
It is incredibly spacious, and the outer shell is strong enough to keep your belongings safe even if you fall on your back off of a moving motorcycle.
- Large storage capacity
- Safe durable materials and outer shell
- Comfortable to wear
- Not just for laptops
- Quality control issues
Smatree Semi-Hard and Light Laptop Backpack
The hardshell exterior is extremely rugged while still maintaining a very stylish look, and the inside is organized in a way that lets your laptop and other belongings stay snug and strapped in a safe way.
- The bag is designed with 3 separate compartments and many small pockets
- The padded back can offer you comfort during your trip
- Comes with the breathable and adjustable straps
- Made of high-quality 600d nylon and Eva, it is sturdy, water repellent and long-lasting
- The hard shell design will protect your laptops and valuable items from shocks
- The luggage strap allows you to attach it to the luggage or suitcase
- The zipper is fragile
The interior design allows for plenty of space for your smaller belongings, and the exterior design makes it look like a regular backpack.
- Internal iPad/ tablet pocket
- Hardshell front zip-down organizer section protects gadgets
- Side zippered pockets secure accessories and fits most water bottles
- Headphone port
- Doesn’t fit larger laptops
Closing thoughts on hardshell laptop backpacks
Traveling is precisely what laptops were made for, given how small and portable they are by design, but this also makes them prone to breaking if they receive and physical shocks.
That’s why a good hardshell laptop backpack can save you a lot of money in laptop repairs in the long run.