Just like how losing your vision due to an accident, illness, or old age, can affect the way read and watch movies, so can losing your sense of hearing affects the way we listen to music.
Fortunately, hearing aids and hearing amplifiers have been with us for quite some time, and some are so good that they even allow you to listen to music with almost crystal-clear clarity.
If you too are looking to buy such a hearing aid, you should check out our top picks for the best hearing aids for musicians.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
Sound World Solutions - Sidekick
This modern-looking hearing aid features enhanced clarity, reduces ambient noises, can last up to 15 hours before needing a recharge, and can be fine-tuned from your app.
- Enhanced clarity and reduction of unwanted background noise
- Up to 15 hours of use per charge
- Everyday Mode personalized for you, Restaurant Mode, and Entertainment Mode
- App to Fine-tune the performance for your unique amplification needs
- The price tag
MEDca Digital Hearing Amplifier
If simplicity is more of your thing and you don’t want to complicate yourself with a device that features numerous fine-tuning controls and features, then the MEDca Digital Hearing Amplifier is the right choice for you.
You don’t require a medical prescription for it, it is easy to use, and it fits seamlessly behind the ear, being almost invisible.
- Fits perfectly behind the ear
- No programing or fine-tuning adjustments
- General quality-control issues
EarSpoke Hearing Amplifier
Such would be the case with the EarSpoke Hearing Amplifier which features all the neat physical and functional properties of hearing aids while offering several great premade hearing modes for various occasions.
- Compatible with iPhone or Android phone/tablet
- Fits left or right ear
- 4 different modes, great for watching TV, restaurants, outdoors, etc.
- 1-Year Warranty and 45-day trial/return period
- The price tag
- Phone connectivity issues
R&L Rechargeable Hearing Amplifier C100
It has a battery life of almost 3 days and you only need to charge it for 4 hours, and volume controls and turning it on and off can be done with the push of a button.
- Takes 4 hours to fully charge and lasts for 3 days
- Comes with 3 different sizes of domes to fit different ear sizes
- Advanced signal processing
- feedback cancellation provides high-quality natural sound and virtually no whistling
- Adjust volume easily with one finger, no tools needed
- Easily to turn on/off the device with the power switch, there is no battery compartment at all
- A bit large, and may have problems fitting with some ears
Neosonic Hearing Amplifier
It has a sleek and compact design and features several technological features that improve sound quality, reduce background noises, and minimize the presence of static.
- Open fit design
- Superior, digital CD sound quality with 0.2% harmonic distortion
- There is no whistling, digital noise cancellation, and no static noise
- Small and compact design
- A 35dB peak gain
- The price tag
Closing thoughts on hearing aids for musicians
Hearing aids are easier to come by these days, and their price tag has gone way down compared to the days they first appeared.
However, if you want to enjoy the pristine sound quality that is good enough to warrant you working in the music industry, then you’ll have to look for the more expensive models.
Nonetheless, knowing that options do exist is way better than having no options at all.