- There are plenty of mechanical keyboards for Windows desktops. However, with mechanical keyboards are harder to find.
- This guide tells you about some of the best Windows laptops with mechanical keyboards.
- Check out our keyboard page to browse through numerous keyboard articles.
- Our Laptop hub includes a wide variety of articles that provide further details for the best Windows laptops.
A mechanical keyboard incorporates keys with replaceable switches under them. Mechanical keyboard traditionalists love the clicking and clacking sounds of the switch keys. The mechanical keyboards are sturdier and have better durability than the more prevalent membrane alternatives.
Laptops with mechanical keyboards are a rare breed. However, more manufacturers have been releasing mechanical keyboard laptops since 2015. These are some of the best laptops with mechanical keyboards.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Sometimes, some of the deals listed in our guides may no longer be available by the time you hit the buy button. So, hurry up and grab them while they’re hot.
What are the best laptops with mechanical keyboards?
- Top-notch 10th generation Intel CPU
- Customizable Auros Fusion keyboard lighting
- Very lightweight mechanical keyboard laptop
- Excellent VDU refresh rate
- VDU doesn’t support G-Sync
The Aorus 15G is the most lightweight mechanical keyboard laptop available right now. This laptop’s keyboard has keys with an optimal 1.6 mm actuation point and 15 million keystroke durability.
Furthermore, its keyboard incorporates customizable Auros Fusion lighting effects.
The Aorus 15G’s spec sheet makes for impressive reading. With a 10th generation Intel Core i9-10980HK processor, this laptop has performed strongly in PC benchmarking.
Its best model is equipped with an RTX 2080 GPU, 32 GB RAM, and Full HD VDU with a 240-300Hz refresh rate.
- Expansive 17.3-inch display with 300Hz refresh
- Top-range CPU and GPU
- Mechanical keyword has dazzling lighting effects
- Graphics Switch enables players to select alternative GPU modes
- Maximum two TB HDD storage (or one TB SSD)
- Incorporates Microsoft Azure AI tech to optimize game settings
- Not as lightweight as the Aorus 15G
The Aorus 17X is another Gigabyte mechanical keyboard laptop that’s had rave reviews.
It has a full-sized mechanical keyboard that’s comparable to the Aorus 15G’s one. The 17X’s keys have the same optimal actuation point and renowned Aorus Fusion lighting effects.
Its spec sheet also makes for similar reading as the Aorus 15G. It boasts the same Intel processor and NVIDIA graphics card.
However, the bigger Aorus 17X has a larger 17.3-inch display, more storage slots, an additional three-watt subwoofer for audio, and an extra Type-C USB 3.2 USB port.
- Great 144Hz refresh rate
- Full-size mechanical keyboard with full RGB backlighting
- RTX 2070 GPU enables ray tracing in games
- Optimized for Vive and Rift VR headsets
- Lackluster batter
The Tracer III Slim is a good value 15.6-inch gaming laptop. It includes a full-size mechanical keyboard with fast and consistent rapid action keys. That keyboard also features full RGB backlighting with adjustable brightness.
This laptop also has a decent spec sheet. Tracer III’s ninth-generation Intel Core i7 9750H processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GPU make it a pretty fast laptop with a graphics card that can handle advanced ray-tracing effects. Its 15-inch display also boats a great 144Hz refresh rate.
- Amazing Razer Chroma RGB keyboard lighting
- Plenty of drive storage
- High-resolution 4K monitor that supports G-Sync
- Poor battery
The Razer Blade Pro 17 is a gaming laptop that features a responsive mechanical keyboard with a tactile and precise feel.
It fully incorporates the renowned Razer Chroma RGB lighting effect suite for its keys. So, Blade Pro 17 users can select from a dazzling variety of keyboard lighting effects.
The Pro 17 packs in a 7th generation Intel i7-7820HK CPU and GeForce GTX 1080 GPU with eight GB GDDR5X.
The best thing about this laptop is its expansive 17.3-inch display that has an excellent 4K resolution. Its best models also pack in up to one TB SSD storage and 32 GB RAM.
- Per-key RGB backlit keyboard with mechanical keys
- Lots of RAM and SSD storage space
- High frame rate
- GeForce RTX 2070 GPU enables ray tracing in games
- Its best models are pricey
The Mag-15 is a 15-inch gaming laptop with many strong points and an optical-mechanical keyboard that has a nice tactile feel to it.
The keyboard incorporates per-key RGB backlighting that enables users to set up custom lighting schemes.
The Mag-15 has a strong specification sheet. The best model of this laptop incorporates a six-core i7-9750H Intel processor, an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 GPU, a whopping 64 GB RAM, and substantial two GB SSD storage.
The Mag-15’s 144Hz VDU also ensures a high frame rate for games.
Those are five laptops with mechanical keyboards that are worth noting.
They’re higher specification gaming laptops with durable and very responsive mechanical keyboards that are optimized for Windows games.
FAQ: Read more about mechanical keyboard laptops
- Are mechanical keyboards better than membrane ones?
Some users say so as mechanical keyboards are more durable and flexible than membrane ones. Mechanical keyboards with tactile switches can also enhance typing speed.
- Can you remove keys on laptop keyboards?
You can remove keyboard keys from mechanical keyboards on laptops with keycap pullers.
- Are mechanical keyboards waterproof?
There are some spill resistant mechanical keyboards, such as the Corsair K68, specifically designed to be waterproof. However, not all mechanical keyboards are water-resistant.