- Machine learning and deep learning require powerful computers. Amazon has a fair amount of choices for people and budgets of all kinds.
- This article will help you decide what to buy by showing you a list of different computers with their pros and cons.
- Looking for more computer-related articles? Check out our detailed Computers Hub for more buying guides and information.
- Visit our thorough Buying Guides Section if you want more help regarding your choice of gadgets and devices.
Deep & machine learning are tools that try to replicate the brain’s neural network in machines. They introduce self-learning techniques that teach AI to behave under certain conditions. Usually, the AI has to do a certain task and learn from its own mistakes in order to fulfill it.
If you want to get into machine learning and deep learning you might need to take a look at your current computer. In other words, even if your desktop can perform everyday tasks with ease, that doesn’t mean it will have the computing power to run machine learning & deep learning programs.
GPU and CPU are crucial. You need a graphics card with high memory and your processor must have many cores. In addition, your RAM memory needs to be high as well, somewhere around 8 gigs or more.
Because these processes run for long periods of time, the computer you’re looking for needs to be able to run them as long as possible without problems. In conclusion, a powerful cooler is required to stop your components from overheating and causing thermal throttling.
What are the best desktops for machine & deep learning?
- RTX 2080 Super has over 8GB of dedicated memoryu003cbru003eThe Intel Core i9-9900K has an ideal 8 cores and can be turbo boostedu003cbru003eOver 32GB of HyperX DDR4 3000mhz RAM memoryu003cbru003eLiquid cooling keeps your temps as low as possible even during intensive use
- The product is expensive, its price starting from 2000$
HP Obelisk Omen is the most powerful item on our list. Geared with the latest hardware such as the 9th generation Intel Core i9-9900K Processor and the hyper-realistic NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super,
It is perfect for machine learning and deep learning.
If you want speed, power, customization, and the best quality products out there, this is the choice for you.
- The GTX 1660 TI offers 6GB of dedicated memoryu003cbru003eThe i5-9400f has 6 coresu003cbru003e16Gb of DDR4 memory
- The processor does not support overclocking
Our last item on this list is another midrange choice, the Hp Pavilion. It is close in performance to the Skytech Shiva while also being a bit cheaper.
The GeForce GTX 1660 TI is just about 10% weaker than the aforementioned RTX 2060, but it is less expensive. In addition, the i5-9400f is still capable of deep learning & machine learning processes.
- The Ryzen 5 2600 offers 6 cores
- The Video Card has 6GB of DDR6 memory
- 3x RGB RING Fans for Maximum Air Flow, powered by 80 Plus Certified
- 500 Watt Power Supply
- It only has 8GB of RAM
The SkyTech Blaze II Gaming Desktop is the best budget choice on this list. If you’re just starting out with machine & deep learning and you don’t want to spend that much money on the computer, this one is perfect for you.
Equipped with a Ryzen 5 2600 processor and a GTX 1660 TI graphics card, it is capable enough of running parsing data algorithms. Furthermore, both the GPU and the CPU can be overclocked.
- Intel Core i7-9700k offers has an ideal 8 cores
- The NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super comes with 8GB of dedicated memory
- Liquid cooling keeps the temperatures low
- 16GB of DDR4 RAM is enough for deep learning & machine learning
- You need to update your firmware if you want to get the proper CPU speed boosts working
CyberpowerPC Gamer Supreme is our next recommendation on the list. Coming close to the HP Omen mentioned above, this desktop trades a bit of power for a lower price.
The Intel Core i7-9700k and GeForce RTX 2070 Super still offer cutting-edge performance for more affordable prices. Moreover, this desktop can also be overclocked with no problem.
- The Ryzen 5 2600 processor has 6 cores
- It has 16GB of DDR4 RAM
- The Graphics Card has 6GB of dedicated memory
- Equipped with 3x RGB Ring Fans ensuring good airflow
- Lacks a USB Type-C port
Skytech Shiva is our first budget-oriented choice. Significantly cheaper than the other two desktops from above, yet still holding strong in terms of performance, this computer is perfect for those who want some balance between price and power.
This product is geared with an AMD processor, precisely the Ryzen 5 2600, and an RTX 2060 non-Super version. The CPU is about 20% slower than an i7-9900k, but it is so much cheaper. Moreover, both the CPU and GPU can be easily overclocked.
This list covers all you need to buy a brand new desktop for deep learning & machine learning.
We hope that you found this guide helpful. Don’t hesitate to share your experience or recommendations with us by using the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
You need a very powerful PC in order to be able for machine learning. Have a look at this guide for some great examples.
To achieve true machine learning, your PC needs to have at least 16 GB of RAM. Check out our 16 GB RAM PC guide for more details.
Yes, having a good GPU will surely help when it comes to machine learning.