If you work with sensitive documents, no matter if you’re doing it in an office or from home, you will sometimes need to use an excellent micro-cut paper shredder to get rid of some documents.
Because we understand how hard it is to do your own research about every feature contained by specific devices that will also fit your price-range, we created a list to help you choose faster.
This list will offer you an overview of all the most important features, and we will also present you with a handy pros and cons list. Read on to find out more details.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
Bonsaii EverShred Pro 3S23
The Bonsaii EverShred Pro 3S23 is a very good option if you’re searching for a low priced device, but still offers excellent service being able to destroy even the most sturdy documents and other items like CDs, and credit cards.
This hardware delivers great shredding results by using its heavy-duty 14 sheet shredders and is equipped with a 6 gallons wastebasket.
- Affordable price
- Heavy-duty shredding of hard materials or papers
- Auto-start and auto-reverse systems that protect you from paper jams
- Loud when in usage
Bonsaii EverShred Pro 4S16
Bonsaii EverShred Pro 4S16 is the next level in protected micro-cut paper shredders from this company, offering a very good option for an acceptable price range.
This shredder offers a great 6-sheet micro-cut, allowing you to destroy any paper documents, CDs, and even credit cards.
The CDs and credit card pieces are stored separately from the paper waste in a specialized bin, but both of them can be easily checked.
- A good price range for the features offered
- Can shred for 60 minutes without stopping
- Easy access to the bins and settings
- Some users have reported that it can only shred a couple of pieces of paper at the same time
The Fellowes FEL407 is another great option if you don’t plan on spending too much money on this device but also want quality results.
This device from Fellowes features an auto Reverse system that stops and reverses the paper if a jam occurs, allowing you continuous usage without worries.
- Shreds 9 sheets per pass
- Very quiet performance
- 5.8-gallon pull-out bin
- The 10 minute on/45 minute rest is too much waiting time, although people have been using it for longer periods of time without issues
The Ideal 2445 model is a very powerful and efficient micro-cut shredder that you can purchase online this time of the year.
This fantastic machine is equipped with great professional-level shredders and has been offering a P-7 security level, which is more than anybody with a normal office desk will ever need.
- The security level can be used for top-secret and classified documents
- Cuts 5 – 7 sheets of paper at a time
- Powerful 1/2 horsepower motor that can shred up to 107 sheets per minute
- 9-gallon waste bin
- No cons have been found for this product
The Intimus 671154 paper shredder offers professional-level shredding power, all stored in a simply-designed case that blends into any environment is used.
This machine meets and exceeds all security NSA/CSS specifications, and also features a greatly useful display that keeps you up to date with the latest information – Bag full, Ready, and Door open alerts.
- Jam detection with auto-reverse features and dynamic load sensor
- Contains a microprocessor that keeps everything in check
- Can work continuously without any issues
- Silent operation makes it a perfect option for office usage
- Quite big, and that might be a challenge to find a space for it at home or office
Conclusion on micro-cut paper shredders
No matter where you need to shred some documents, having a compact and efficient paper shredder is extremely important.
For this reason, in today’s buying guide we offered you some of the best hardware solutions for this issue, covering all price ranges in the process.
Please feel free to let us know if you have any suggestions by using the comment section below.