Having a mini drone can have its advantages. For one thing, the small size makes it incredibly lightweight and portable, allowing it to stay for longer hours into the air.
Additionally, the lack of bulky electronics means that they are also cheaper than regular drones, and can even make good toys for children. If you too are looking to buy a mini drone, then you better know which are the best on the market.
That is why we’ve decided to compile a list of what we think are the best mini drones that you can buy, by taking specs, performance and cost into account.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
Holy Stone HS170 Predator
There’s a reason why the Holy Stone HS170 Predator is probably the most popular drone on Amazon. Not only does it sport an attractive design that will surely make kids want it, but it is extremely beginner-friendly as well.
More so, it is easy to control in the air thanks to the gyro-stabilizing system, and the affordable price makes it great to have in almost any household.
- Headless security system
- 2. 4GHz technology adopted for anti-interference
- More stable and flexible with 6-axis gyro stabilization system
- Wind-resistant control range of about 30-50 meters
- Flight time of 6-8 minutes on a 45-minute charge
Vandoras Mini Drone
If you’re looking for a mini drone that will make your children happy, then the Vandoras Mini Drone is the right choice for you. Not only does it have a compact and playful design, but the easy controls and stabilizing system makes it ideal for children and beginners alike.
More so, it is incredibly agile and can perform a wide range of acrobatics in the air, just as long as you don’t ram it into the first chandelier.
- You can release the throttle stick and the drone will keep the current height
- Super simple control
- Super easy fly for beginners and hobby users.
- One key 3D rolling special effects
- Flip in 4-Ways Flip
- Continuous roll steady performance
- Headless Mode can help to control it easier and prevent it from losing the direction.
- Equipped with the latest 6-axis Gyro flight control systems
- Small and portable
- Slight battery issues
Potensic Upgraded A20
This tiny flying machine has quite a bit of power in it and can be easily controlled even inside the house since you don’t have to worry about damaging anything if it hits it at full speed.
- 2 detachable batteries and 3 adjustable speed levels
- You could control the drone fly toward any directions by Remote Controller
- Has Altitude Hold, Headless Mode and One Key Taking-off / Landing
- It’s the width of an iPhone 5
- Extremely lightweight and easy to carry
- Cheaply made, but at least you won’t cry if it breaks
Force1 UFO 3000
The LED propeller guards make it very nice to look at, and the miniature size make it an excellent kid’s toy, so that if he flyes it around the house, at least it won’t do too much damage.
- Super easy to fly with 1-Key Start/Stop and easy joystick directional controls
- Features durable propeller guards ringed with glowing blue and green LEDs
- Outdoor/indoor drone features 4 channels, 2 speeds, Altitude Hold and Headless Mode
- Can also perform 360° mini flips
- Measures 5.5-inch x 5.5-inch and flies up to 18 minutes with 2 included rechargeable batteries
- They make great toys
- The occasional quality control issues
More so, it is extremely easy to control, so even if your kid is the one piloting it, you don’t have to worry about him breaking it, or at least not too easily.
- Will hover at a certain height when you release the throttle stick.
- The robust and fantastic 360°flips and rolls
- 6-Axis Gyro flying control system.
- Has Headless Mode
- One Key Return
- 3-speed control to meet the needs for beginners, intermediate and experts.
- Mini pocket size makes it ultra portable.
- Connectivity issues
Closing thoughts on mini drones
While mini drones aren’t necessarily designed for children, their small size and low cost make them ideal as an expendable child’s toy, or as a means to learn how to fly a real drone.
As such, whether you want to gift your kid a flying saucer, or are trying to make a friend pick up drone flying, there’s no way you could go wrong with a mini drone.