Whenever you listen to music, you’d probably wish you could isolate yourself from the noises of the outside world.
If you too had such moments, but hate the bulkiness of massive headphones, then a pair of noise-canceling earbuds are just what you might need, and they come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and price ranges.
Because of that, we’ve decided to make a list of what we consider to be the best noise-canceling earbuds. This is so that you can finally enjoy your music or your calls the way they were meant to: in complete silence.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best noise-cancelling earbuds that I can buy?
- IPX7 waterproof
- Advanced cVc 8.0 noise cancellation technology
- 12-month warranty
- Poor battery life
Presently, this is one of the most affordable pair of earbuds that come from a no-name brand yet they excel in quality.
Users highly appreciated the comfort of these wireless headphones, even after 5 hours of continuous use.
Thanks to the built-in 5.0 Bluetooth, the headphones will connect to your media even from a distance.
You get 3 equalizer modes to adjust the sound feature you want, for better audio.
Not to mention that they charge extremely quickly: with a 5-min charge, you will be able to use them for 2 hours.
- Advanced noise reduction
- Aware mode for hearing what’s around you while enjoying your music
- Exclusive TriPort technology for better audio
- Stay Hear+ tips provide long-lasting comfort plus stability
- Battery life is a bit short
The Bose QuietComfort 20 are a pair of earbuds specifically designed for Apple consumers, as they are optimized to be used with most iPods, iPhones, and iPad models.
They provide great sound quality, and the noise-cancellation technology is top-notch, allowing you to truly immerse yourself in your music.
This deal also includes a charging cable and a carrying case.
- Digital noise-cancelling puts the focus on your music
- Features Ambient Sound Mode
- IPX4-rated for sweat resistance
- Extra bass sound with deep, punchy low end
- Up to 6 hours of battery life
- Noise-cancellation may interfere with call quality
The WI-SP600N wireless in-ear headphones are perfect if you want to enjoy your favorite workout tunes without distraction. They are alsoIPX4 rated splash-resistant to protect against sweat and rain, so taking them out on a run will be a breeze.
The wireless controls, noise-cancellation technology, and Ambient sound mode let you enjoy music without any hindrance, no matter what is happening around you.
- Atmospheric pressure optimizing makes them perfect for flying
- Smart auto-settings automatically adjusts the ambient sound to your activity.
- Optimized for the Google Assistant
- Battery life up to 10 hours (with wireless noise-canceling)
- The high price tag
The Sony Premium WI1000XB deserves its name to the fullest, as it is designed to fully cater to the needs of people that have an extremely busy schedule.
It has control over what is happening so that you don’t have to waste time on things like volume adjustment, track selection, taking calls, or typing questions for your Google Assitant.
The headphones support hands-free calling with vibration notification.
These are the only behind-neck headphones on this list and this might be an important detail if you’re fed up with tangling wires.
- Stable and comfortable fit
- Excellent noise isolation
- 8 hours of music or 240 hours of standby time on a single 1.5-hour charge
- IPX4-certified water-resistant with internal nano coating to withstand sweat and rain
- Overall quality is subpar
The AUKEY Wireless Headphones are the only earbuds on our list are the only ones that could truly be considered budget noise-canceling earbuds, but that doesn’t mean that they are cheaply made.
They come with a great degree of sound quality, while also sporting features that make them ideal for people that are into workouts and other outdoor activities.
One way you can truly enjoy music is to either get a pair that offers superb sound quality or get a pair that offers good sound quality and noise-canceling capabilities.
However, if you do choose the latter, you should know that you will eventually feel the need to carry them with you everywhere since you will enjoy the sound of silence.
FAQ: Learn more about noise-cancelling accessories
- Do noise-cancelling headphones block all sound?
Noise-canceling headphones do a better job than regular ones because they’re specifically designed to block both higher and lower-frequency sounds. So they should block most sounds.
- How does a noise-cancelling microphone work?
Noise-cancelling microphones are built to pick up your voice while ignoring the background noise. They sometimes come attached to headphones.
- Is noise-cancelling safe?
There’s nothing wrong with shutting off noise when you want some quiet. In fact, a lot of noise-cancelling headsets have been designed for longer use.
Editor's Note: This article was originally published in November 2019 and was revamped and updated in November 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.