Why do we need those mechanical devices known as paper shredders used to cut paper into strips, fine particles or confetti-like squares? Well, in the light of all those recent data breaches, small offices find it more difficult than ever to keep personal or financial data safe.
There’s no foolproof way to protect your business from a data breach, especially when everything is also stored digitally these day. Even so, paper shredders can make sure you and your employees don’t become a target for identity thieves of any kind.
As for your worries of not affording extra expenses, remember that we’re talking about some great offers. Let’s have a closer look.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
Top offers on paper shredders for small offices
AmazonBasics 8-Sheet Strip-Cut
This paper shredder blows through 8 sheets of paper in a single pass in 5 seconds and also has separate slots to run your credit cards, CDs and DVDs through.
- Auto start and manual reverse to clear paper jams
- Modestly price
- Larger and heavier than competitors
HSM Shredstar S25
This is a quiet shredder ready to make sure that you are protecting documents that contain sensitive information. Its LED indicator always reveals the device’s operating status: power, overload, overheat, bin full, or door open.
Even more, you can shred pretty much anything from CDs, DVDs, and credit cards to paper clips and staples.
- Separate CD cutting unit with unique waste container for sorted disposal
- Ideal for 1-5 users in an office environment
- Lifetime warranty on cutting cylinder
- The bin has to be closed against the plastic housing or else the door sensor won’t let you operate the machine, as some users claim
Aurora JamFree AU2030XA
As the name suggests from the start, the Aurora AU2030XA is designed to eliminate paper jams. Its sensors detect if it is operating over capacity and it will not run, preventing you from wasting valuable time.
Unlike similar paper shredders, this one comes mounted on wheels, making it easier to move it about the room or take it to the recycling bin.
- Can shred up to 20 documents simultaneously
- Smart design that prevents jams
- Touch Guard advanced safety feature included
- Ultra quiet operation
- A bit slow for buyers’ expectations
- Low quality build
Bonsaii EverShred C149-C
Although we can’t predict the shredding expectations of all our readers, we feel that the Bonsaii EverShred Shredder can hit the spot. It offers a very generous capacity and a long run time, making it ideal for small offices.
- Shred up to 18 sheets of A4 size at a single feed
- Shreds up to 5.3 feet per minute
- Runs continuously for up to an hour without a cool-down
- Advanced cooling system
- Takes paper, CD/DVDs, credit cards and staples
- Jam detection system automatically reverses paper
- No customer support page on the official website
- Few users state that their unit suddenly jammed
Fellowes Powershred 79Ci
A paper shredder with loads of features generally carries a higher price tag, yet that’s why you love deals. The Fellowes Cross-Cut Shredder can shred up to 16 sheets of paper per pass into 397 cross-cut particles.
Workers appreciate that it is ultra-quiet and that it comes with a special Jam Proof System to eliminates paper jams.
As far as the SafeSense Technology is concerned, this paper shredder is designed with an electronic safety sensor surrounding the paper entry and automatically disableing the shredder when hands touch the paper opening.
- Easily shreds CDs/DVDs, credit cards, staples, paper clips and junk mail
- Includes a 6-gallon pull-out bin
- The bin is hard to slide in and out
Conclusion on the best paper shredders for small offices
Each of these paper shredders has its own advantages and disadvantages. Once you know what you’re truly looking for your office departments, you will quickly be able to decide which one is best for you.
Let us know if you need further assistance.