If you have a desk job that requires you to always be on-demand, then portability is a main factor for you when choosing various electronics, which includes the monitors that you have.
While multi-monitor displays may be common nowadays, not everyone can stand them. That is when a portable monitor comes in handy, as they extend your viewing field, but not by too much.
That is why we’ve decided to make your life easier by compiling a list of what we consider to be the best 5 portable monitors available.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
Which are the best portable monitors that I can buy?
It is designed to have a jet-black glossy finish, which goes well with the 15.6-inch diagonally viewable image. Speaking of which, the e1659Fwu offers a 500:1 contrast ratio, 5ms response time, and a 1366 x 768 resolution at 60 Hz, making it an extremely fast option.
- A max resolution 1366 x 768
- Multiple USB monitors can be simultaneously connected
- USB-powered with USB 3. 0 technology
- Foldable flexi-stand for portrait or landscape view
- The screen can be quite sensitive
- Brightness and colors can be uneven
What makes the MB168B portable USB-powered monitor great is that it needs just one USB cable for both its video signal and power, delivering signal to a 15.6-inch, 1366 x 768 Full HD resolution screen.
The USB 3.0 cable allows rapid transfer of data to the screen, bringing fast, fluid images from your connected device that makes having an on-the-go multi-display setup a reality.
- 15.6-inch HD portable USB-powered monitor
- Single USB 3.0 cable for power and data transmission
- World’s slimmest and lightest USB monitor
- Auto-rotating display bundled with the ASUS Smart Case
- Has a blue light filter
- Cable connections can be faulty
- The USB cable is sensitive to sudden disconnections
Lepow Portable Monitor
This is thanks to the 1080p display IPS display, which allow you to view images and movie at a quality that is hard to imagine for such a small device.
- Full HD 1080P Display
- IPS screen delivers incredibly vivid images
- Multiple Devices Connection available
- Smart Cover and Screen Protector
- Slim, lightweight and portable
- May have issues with HDMI connections
UPERFECT Portable Monitor
What also makes it incredibly great is how configurable it is with other devices, not just PCs, since it can also be used to extend the screen of an Android or iOS phone.
- Uses a single USB cable for both display and power
- Capable of HD visual imagery
- Duplicate mode synchronously displays work content.
- Can integrate HDMI & Mini DP to transfer data signals from PS4, PC, Mac, Smartphone, and more.
- Has issues when using adaptor cords
It also comes with a smart cover and a smart pen hole, making it great as a substitute tablet, not just a PC monitor.
- 15.6-inch FHD IPS
- Ultra-portable design
- Smart cover and smart pen hole
- ASUS Eye Care technology
- Features the intuitive ASUS DisplayWidget
- A bit too sensitive for a traveler’s monitor
- The display screen is very glossy
Closing thoughts on portable monitors
Portability always comes at a price, and in the case of portable monitors, this includes screen resolution, performance, image quality, and connectivity issues.
However, if you are the type that is always on the road and you find that your laptop’s screen just doesn’t cut it anymore, then getting a portable monitor is the right thing to do.