Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- Good news for gamers worldwide - you can connect Xbox to a portable monitor or even play PS5, for that matter.
- You don't need an outlandish device, all it takes is discovering the best portable monitor for PS4/PS5 or Xbox One.
- Find out what is a good response time for a portable monitor and more right here.
You don’t always know when the gaming fever hits you so you need a cool gaming solution wherever you are.
While multi-monitor displays may be common nowadays, not everyone can stand them. That is when a portable monitor comes in handy, as they extend your viewing field, but not by too much.
That is why we’ve decided to make your life easier by compiling a list of what we consider to be the best 5 portable monitors for gaming.
Note: All the prices and offers in this article are subject to change, so be sure to check the official product page to get the latest deal. If the product or offer you’re looking for is no longer available, you can try to find it on its official manufacturer page or get another one from our list.
What portable monitor should I buy for gaming?
Top portable monitors for Xbox One
- A max resolution 1366 x 768
- Multiple USB monitors can be simultaneously connected
- USB-powered with USB 3.0 technology
- Foldable flexi-stand for portrait or landscape view
- The screen can be quite sensitive
- Brightness and colors can be uneven
The AOC e1659Fwu features a sleek design and a very fast USB 3.0 connection which can achieve high transfer rates and fast response times between the Xbox One and the display.
It is designed to have a jet-black glossy finish, which goes well with the 15.6-inch diagonally viewable image. Speaking of which, the e1659Fwu offers a 500:1 contrast ratio, 5 ms response time, and a 1366 x 768 resolution at 60 Hz, making it an extremely fast option for gaming.
- 15.6-inch HD portable USB-powered monitor
- Single USB 3.0 cable for power and data transmission
- World’s slimmest and lightest USB monitor
- Auto-rotating display bundled with the ASUS Smart Case
- Has a blue light filter
- Cable connections can be faulty
- The USB cable is sensitive to sudden disconnections
What makes the MB168B portable USB-powered monitor great is that it needs just one USB cable for both its video signal and power, delivering a signal to a 15.6-inch, 1366 x 768 Full HD resolution screen.
The USB 3.0 cable allows rapid transfer of data to the screen, bringing fast, fluid images from your connected device that makes having an on-the-go multi-display setup a reality.
- Full HD 1080P Display
- IPS screen delivers incredibly vivid images
- Multiple Devices Connection available
- Smart Cover and Screen Protector
- Slim, lightweight, and portable
- May have issues with HDMI connections
The Lepow Portable Monitor is the epitome of what it means to mix portability with incredible imagery, thanks to the sleek and lightweight design that doesn’t fail to deliver stunning images.
This is thanks to the 1080p display IPS display, which allow you to view images and movie at a quality that is hard to imagine for such a small device.
- Plug and play via USB-C and Mini HDMI, no drivers needed
- Full HD resolution display
- Compatible with a wide range of devices
- The cables are on the shorter side
This is another ultra-portable option with a 1920×1080 resolution on a 15.8-inch screen made of an ultra-slim ISP panel.
Innoview is very light, weighing only 1.5 lb. It comes with its own protective case which is also very compact so you can easily carry it wherever needed.
It is a great travel monitor that can quickly connect to a wide range of input devices including laptops, PCs, tablets, smartphones, and many more. It comes with a USB type C and Mini HDMI cable.
Best portable monitor for PS4
- Uses a single USB cable for both display and power
- Capable of HD visual imagery
- Duplicate mode synchronously displays work content.
- Can integrate HDMI & Mini DP to transfer data signals from PS4, PC, Mac, Smartphone, and more
- Has issues when using adaptor cords
The UPERFECT Portable Monitor is the perfect choice for those that prefer a more rugged monitor, thanks to the aluminum alloy body that makes it both resistant and lightweight.
What also makes it incredibly great is how configurable it is with other devices, not just PCs, since it can also be used to extend the screen of an Android or iOS phone.
- 15.6-inch FHD IPS
- Ultra-portable design
- Smart cover and smart pen hole
- ASUS Eye Care technology
- Features the intuitive ASUS DisplayWidget
- A bit too sensitive for a traveler’s monitor
- The display screen is very glossy
The Asus MB16AC advertises itself as the ideal travel companion for laptops. This is especially thanks to its 15.6-inch Full HD IPS Zen Screen, which brings fantastic imagery along with portability.
It also comes with a smart cover and a smart pen hole, making it great as a substitute tablet, not just a PC monitor.
- 15.6-inch Full HD universal gaming monitor
- Very slim and portable
- Adjusted design for compatibility in all HDMI systems
- Premium leatherette cover
- Weak sound
If you’re looking for an elegant 15.6-inch portable monitor, you have to take HORI’s alternative. This monitor can connect to any gaming console or PC through the HDMI port. Actually, it has 2 HDMI ports so it can connect to as many devices simultaneously.
It’s a 720p resolution screen but it’s perfect for gaming with a high refresh rate. All this is packed in a leatherette protective case and a body that weighs under three pounds so it’s highly portable.
Portability always comes at a price, and in the case of portable monitors, this includes screen resolution, performance, image quality, and connectivity issues.
However, if you are the type that is always on the road and you find that your laptop’s screen just doesn’t cut it anymore, then getting a portable monitor is the right thing to do.