Are you a big fan of racing games? Or do you like driving simulators? If that’s the case, today’s article will come in handy.
To make the most out of your gameplay, you need a gamepad that works well with racing and driving games.
This guide will help you learn about 5 of the best controllers to be used with such games.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best gamepads for racing and driving games?
- Built-in speaker and stereo headset jack
- Accurate control
- Clickable touchpad
- Built-in light bar
- Some users reported that the analog stick stopped working after a few months
The DualShock for PS4 opens a new world of possibilities for gamers. More precision, accurate controls, and exciting new features are all there to boost your gameplay and improve your comfort.
Go fully immersive thanks to the latest additions in audio enhancements: built-in speaker and a stereo headset jack. Set up the right mood for the most intense gaming experience thanks to the integrated light bar.
For more comfort, you have a clickable touchpad and a super simple charging interface that perfectly matches your PS4 system. And you can even use it in rest mode to cut the waiting time and get more of what you like.
- USB and Bluetooth connectivity
- Semi-Transparent LED Backlighting
- Cross-platform compatibility (Windows/iOS/Android/Switch)
- Gamepad joystick for Apple Arcade games
- It only supports a 2.4 GHz connection on PC
The GameSir T4 Game Controller is a truly universal gadget that seamlessly works on any device and any platform from Android tablets and phones, to PCs, Mac, and Apple.
1 controller for an unlimited selection of devices simply because gaming should be a liberating experience.
Speaking about that, the controller shatters one barrier after another, this time providing you with all the right tools to get a true taste of immersion.
Of course, we are talking about its colorful RGB LED backlighting and glowing joystick.
Why not throw it an extra magical touch with 5-speed levels vibrating keys that are also fully customizable and macros-enabled?
- Fully compatible with PS3 and PS4
- Full-size racing wheel and added pedals for an authentic racing experience
- Adjustable output options and a 270-degree turn radius
- Secure mount system with sturdy clamps
- Some users may consider it pricy
The HORI racing controller is a different type of gamepad when compared to the previous ones on our list.
As you can see, this is a racing wheel, that was specifically built for driving games. It’s suitable for PS3 and PS4, as well as PC racing games.
- Clutch pedal included for a realistic racing experience
- Made of stainless durable steel
- Compatible with many different platforms and devices
- There’s a version that comes with a shifter as well
- Some user may find it pricy
The Logitech G920 is the ultimate racing and driving game controller. It’s the best one on our list, and we recommend it for serious gamers, who want the best experience there is.
It is similar to the previous item, however, this one is even more professional and has a better quality.
- Adjustable vibration plus Turbo function
- Colorful LED-backlit shell
- 6-axis gyro sensor for motion-based games
- High-speed wireless connection
- Sleep mode can be irritating for some users
The last product on our list is certainly not the least – this controller brings full-mode compatibility for all Nintendo Switch systems.
And it’s all about boosting your gameplay with this gadget.
From a 6-axis gyro sensor that will literally make you take part in the action – feel the inclination angle and quickly respond to it, to a dual vibration and turbo function for a true taste of immersion, you are set to feel the game.
Set up the right mood with customizable lighting modes and forget all about technicalities. The controller supports wireless connection and has a high-performance battery that will guarantee up to 8 hours of uninterrupted fun.
In conclusion, any of the five items above can prove to be a good racing controller. To make the best decision, you should take into consideration your personal needs and budget.
This way, you’ll choose the best gamepad to enjoy your favorite racing game.
FAQ: Learn more about gamepads and controllers
- Can you play any PC game with a controller?
Many PC games can be played using a controller. If you feel like ditching the mouse and keyboard, give these best gaming controllers for Windows 10 a try.
- Are racing games better with a wheel?
Certainly. Besides the high precision, you also get to live a more authentic racing experience. Go fully immersive with these top racing wheels for Windows 10.
- What is the best gaming steering wheel?
Our recommendation goes to the Logitech G920 Bundle that brings you a top-notch racing wheel plus a responsive floor pedal unit and a six-speed shifter for a truly realistic driving experience.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in November 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in November 2019 and was revamped and updated in November 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.