Are you a big fan of racing games? Or you like driving simulators? If that’s the case, today’s article will come in handy. To make the most out of your game, you need a gamepad that works well with racing and driving games.
This guide will help you learn about 5 of the best controllers to be used with such games. I will introduce you budget friendly devices for casual players, as well as professional items, made for extensive game-play.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best gamepads for racing and driving games?
6 Axis Dual Shock Gamepad
This gamepad is a great product for casual gamers, who need a reliable item too hook up to their PC. If you don’t have a big budget, but you still want a quality product, I recommend this for you.
The controller works well with all sorts of games, so racing games are no exception. Check out below, to see what it’s good at and what could be a downside to it:
- Compatible with multiple devices and platforms, like PS3 and PC.
- Ease of use due to its ergonomic design and form factor.
- It comes with dual shock function and force feedback.
- It only works using a USB cable, meaning that it’s not a wireless gamepad.
- The cable is not included in the package.
DarkWalker Switch Audio Wired Pro Controller
The DarkWalker gamepad was built as a solution for those in need of a quality controller for all sorts of games and platforms. Since we’re talking about racing and driving games, you should know that this device will perform seamlessly with such games.
Here are some of the pros and cons of this device.
- It comes with a voice chat feature, that works with any racing game you might have.
- It supports motion control, rumble and turbo function.
- It comes with a 10ft USB right in the box for easy installation.
- The audio feature and motion controls can’t be used at the same time.
GameSir T2a Game Controller
The GameSir is another gamepad used largely by more experienced gamers. To use with racing and driving games, this controller is perfect, due to its big compatibility array and ergonomic design. All the latest racing games are supported, on a large amount of devices.
- Compatible with many different platforms and device, such as PC, PS3 and Android.
- It can be used via the USB cable in the pack, or by setting up the wireless USB dongle.
- Joysticks of high sensibility with pressure sensitivity as well.
- Realistic vibration feedback, that works on all sorts of games.
- Supports 2 AA batteries and also T2a rechargeable batteries.
- The batteries are not included in the package.
HORI Racing Wheel Apex for PlayStation and PC
The HORI racing controller is a different type of gamepad, when compared to the previous ones on our list. As you can see, this is a racing wheel, that was specifically built for driving games. It’s suitable for PS3 ans PS4, as well as PC racing games.
- Fully compatible with PS3 ans PS4, because it was licensed by Sony.
- Authentic racing experience, due to the full-size racing wheel and added pedals.
- It comes with adjustable output options and a 270 degree turn radius.
- Secure mount system with sturdy clamps.
- The only negative aspect of this item can be the price for some people.
The Logitech G920 is the ultimate racing and driving game controller. It’s the best one on our list, and we recommend it for serious gamers, who want the best experience there is.
It is similar to the previous item, however, this one is even more professional and has a better quality. Here are some of its capabilities:
- Realistic experience while racing through your favorite game, due to the pedal set that includes a clutch pedal as well (most other products don’t).
- Quality build: made of stainless steel to last.
- Compatible with many different platform and devices.
- There’s a version that comes with a shifter as well.
- The negative aspect about this product is the price. To get such an item, you realy have to invest some money into it.
Conclusion on best gamepad deals for racing games
In conclusion, any of the five items above can prove to be a good racing controller. To make the best decision, you should take into consideration your personal needs and budget.
This way, you’ll choose the best gamepad to enjoy your favorite racing game.