We use more batteries than ever before these days. Rechargeable batteries stand out as great solutions for TV remotes, GPS units, toys, headsets, mobile devices and more. They can easily turn your office work into a real pain when not combined with one of those reliable rechargeable battery chargers.
For one thing, rechargeable batteries save you money in the long run. In addition to that, they are also more environmentally friendly than single-use batteries.
These are practically minimizing your fear of the up-front cost of rechargeable battery chargers. If you have no real clue where to start your searches, read the following lines carefully and enjoy some awesome deals.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
At a low price point, this XTAR VC4 charger still assures great savings over disposable batteries. It is able to charge a wide range of battery sizes; it is actually one of the few models to handle NiMH cells ranging from AAA to D and we aren’t only talking about this price range.
Moreover, it features a USB charge cable, which you can plug into just about anything with a USB port.
- Very large lots to fit even D-cell batteries
- Premium pouch
- For some it worked correctly for a month or so
- Doesn’t come with a USB wall adapter
- Cable issues
“Dumb” chargers tend to charge for a certain amount of time and they cannot detect bad and incompatible batteries. Therefore, they are less effective and potentially dangerous, but this isn’t EBL’s smart battery charger case.
Even more, if you have a USB wall charger in a spot where you’d like to charge batteries, feel free to plug the EBL into that instead of taking up an entire outlet.
- Charges up to four batteries at a time
- Smart Auto-detect function
- Intelligent Individual Battery Charger
- Includes USB-C backup input port
- Fairly small and compact product
- Its supposedly “Super Charging time” isn’t that great
Energizer Rechargeable Pro
Coming from a top recharge brand, this rechargeable battery charger charges 2 or 4 AA or AAA NiMH rechargeable batteries. Its Bad Battery Detection Alert is very useful: when a bad battery is detected, a red ‘x’ illuminates.
- Gives you visual and audible alerts on your batteries’ charge levels
- Fold out plug design
- Provides a full charge
- Overcharge protection ready to prevent damage from overcharging
- Some buyers state that the 4 AA batteries the charger comes with are dead
- Refuses to accept and charge fully discharged batteries from time to time
Nitecore D2 Smart
Nitecore D2 Smart Charger is the next generation of rechargeable battery chargers. A professional and reliable choice such as this one brings you the advantage of automatically detecting and charging Li-ion, LiFePO4, Ni-MH, and Ni-Cd (AA, AAA, AAAA, or C) batteries.
Besides that, you’ll most likely fall in love with that easy-to-read LCD panel.
- Charges 2 batteries simultaneously
- Large LCD panel to display charging parameters and progress; it does so by using a five-bar indicator
- Auto-shutoff feature detects the batteries’ charge level to cut off power when they’re done charging
- Only displays the progress of one battery at a time
- Some faulty units completely discharge the batteries
First one in our list is a battery charger incredibly simple to use. Just pair with this charger two or four AA or AAA NiMH batteries at a time, and you’re good to go. Then, just wait for the red LED to turn off.
- Has USB charging port
- Protection against wrong polarity charging
- Auto-shutoff feature included
- Simple and compact design
- You have to charge batteries in pairs
- AA battery charging time varies between 3 and 4.5 hours; AAA batteries are charged in up to 3.5 hours – modest charging time
Conclusion on rechargeable battery chargers for office
No matter which rechargeable battery charger for the office you choose, here are our last tips for maximizing efficiency.
Some electronics manufacturers specifically recommend against the use of rechargeable batteries, so always consult a device’s owner manual for recommendations on battery types.
At the same time, while an inexpensive charger may get the job done in the short-term, features such as automatic shut-off are of utmost importance. That’s why you cannot go wrong with any of the above options.