If you’re in the music business, or simply own a subwoofer for your own personal entertainment, then you also need a good cable to go with it, but you need to know what exactly make s a good coaxial subwoofer cable.
While in theory, any RCA cable could work, cables that are specifically labeled “subwoofer” should have certain characteristics. These range from an improved transmission of sound quality to better interference reduction.
That is precisely why we decided to make a list of our top cables that are great to use with a subwoofer.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
Mediabridge ULTRA Series
Featuring a robust design thanks to the quality materials that it’s made of, this cable will transmit sound and also last you for a very long time.
- Ideal for connecting subwoofer speakers to audio components
- Offers excellent bass response and flexibility
- Low-loss, wide spectrum coaxial cable
- Center pin ensures high contact pressure and signal strength
- Unique gripped molding and corrosion-resistant gold-plated RCA connectors
- cables with wider tolerances.
- A copper clad center conductor
- Dielectric insulation
- Aluminum braiding and 2 layers of foil shielding
- The cable is finished in tough, yet pliable PVC jacket with color-coding
- Male connector tip may be a bit fragile
AmazonBasics Subwoofer Cable
It comes in many variants, including 1-Male to 2-Male or 2-Male to 2-Male variants, making it great for a wide variety of setups and situations.
- 1-Male to 2-Male RCA audio cable enhances audio connections
- Ideal for home-entertainment and high-fidelity systems
- 2 RCA output (connect to either L or R input) and 1 RCA input
- Input can be high frequency (digital audio) or low frequency (subwoofer)
- Corrosion-resistant 24K gold-plated full-metal connectors
- Eliminates unwanted noise or feedback for pure, clear audio
- A minimal signal loss for reliably consistent audio
- Color-marked connectors for quick, easy left-and-right hookups
- Cables are bulky and won’t fit in recessed jacks
Mediabridge Ultra Series RCA Y-Adapter
The most noticeable feature of this cable is the Y-adapter which has 1-male to 2-male RCA connectors, that splits audio components for a genuine surround sound experience without the need for any extra cables.
- Ideal for connecting a TV, CD player, DVD player or subwoofers
- A simple Y-Adapter
- Low-loss, wide spectrum coaxial cable
- deep and precise audio quality.
- Built with braided copper shielding, aluminum Mylar shielding and gas injected foam dielectric
- Finished in a heavy-duty, yet flexible PVC jacket with color-coding
- The cord is way too short
Ultra Series Digital Audio Coaxial Cable
It can be used to connect a wide variety of devices, including HDTV’s, Blu-Ray players, DVD players, game consoles, DVR’s, cable boxes, satellite boxes, subwoofer speakers, receivers, sound systems and more.
However, keep note that it does its job at the highest quality standards in each situation.
- Great for connecting subwoofer speakers, receivers, sound systems and more.
- It can be used with S/Pdif, Subwoofer, Digital or Composite Video interfaces.
- Copper clad center conductor, dielectric insulation, aluminum braiding and dual foil shielding
- Corrosion-resistant gold-plated RCA connectors
- A tough, yet pliable PVC jacket for durability
- The cables can be a bit tight
KabelDirekt RCA Stereo Cable
The KabelDirekt RCA Stereo Cable is ideal for a clear, reliable audio connection to home theater, subwoofer, and other HiFi systems thanks to the premium materials that ensure great sound transmission and shielding.
The gold-plated connectors also protect against corrosion, and the sturdy PVC cable ensures that it won’t snap off too easily because of rolling it too tight.
- Y-adapter cable
- Oxygen-free copper that provides maximum power and efficiency of signal transmission
- double shielding for maximum protection
- 24k gold-plated connectors
- Connector tips can break off too easily
Closing thoughts on subwoofer cables
As mentioned before, a good subwoofer cable should have several specific features if you want it to be good at that particular job.
For starters, they should have tighter woven fibers in the mesh of the shield or a second or third shield made of mesh or foil, and gold plating on the connectors of a subwoofer cable improves conductivity and prevents corrosion.
If you find any other cables that have these specifications, they could be used as a subwoofer cable with great results.