Overclocking has many benefits, since you effectively push your computer’s components far beyond the limits that they were designed for. Unfortunately, overclocking has the bad habit of also overheating your components.
That’s precisely why you should use a good thermal paste to keep things on the cool side whenever you push your PC into overdrive.
We’ve compiled a list of what we think are the best thermal pastes that you could use if you want to frequently overclock your PC without worries.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
Arctic Silver 5
This thermal paste is also optimized for a wide range of bond lines between modern high-power CPUs and high-performance heatsinks or water-cooling solutions.
- Made With 99.9% Pure Silver
- Uses three unique shapes and sizes of pure silver particles to maximize particle-to-particle contact area and thermal transfer
- 3 to 12 degrees centigrade lower CPU
- Needs to be used up fast after first opening it since it doesn’t have a long shelf life
ARCTIC MX-4 2019 Edition
Because of the lack of metallic components, it doesn’t conduct electricity at all, and it also doesn’t make your internal components corrode over time.
- Comes in quantities between 2 and 45g
- Composed of carbon micro-particles which lead to an extremely high thermal conductivity
- Since it is metal-free and non-electrical conductive there are no risks of causing short circuits
- Once applied, you do not need to apply it again as it will last At least for 8 years
- May be a bit harder to apply since it is very liquid
Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
It is extremely easy to apply, and the past itself provides optimal heat transfer for larger-scale cooling systems, including water-cooled systems, which are common among gaming setups.
- Convenient 1.0-gram syringe, making this thermal paste very easy to apply
- Designed with extremely demanding applications
- A popular choice for overclockers and extreme gamers
- Thermal conductivity 12.5 W/mk
- Can be a bit difficult to apply and spread
The Noctua NT-H1 thermal paste is very peculiar in that it is metallic in nature, just like your typical products, but it also has other components that make it completely non-conductive and non-corrosive.
This means that you can keep applying it to your CPUs and GPUs without having to worry about shortening their lifespan.
- Renowned premium-grade thermal compound for optimal heat-transfer
- High-end thermal compound to reduce temperatures on PC applications and electronics
- Trusted Noctua quality with excellent long-term stability
- 3.5g pack for around 3-20 applications
- Not electrically conductive and non-corroding thermal grease
- The label is misleading in terms of how many applications come in a tube
The CORSAIR TM30 is an efficient thermal paste that is meant to last for years thanks to the chemical stability, and low viscosity of the paste ensures that it will provide optimal contact with your components.
- Premium Zinc Oxide based thermal compound for optimal thermal performance
- Cools your CPU and GPU
- Ultra-low thermal impedance lowers CPU temperatures vs common thermal paste.
- An included application stencil and spreader
- Low-viscosity allows it to easily fill microscopic abrasions for peak thermal transfer.
- Stable liquid compound lasts for years with no drying, cracking or changes in consistency
- Non-conductive and contains zero volatile compounds
- The price tag considering the performance
Closing thoughts on thermal pastes for overclocking
Nowadays, computer components have reached a level where they are so powerful that overclocking them will show almost no difference in how they handle applications.
However, gamers and those that need ultra-powerful PCs still need to overclock for peek performance during matches or work.
If you’re in the same boat, keep in mind that you should always ensure that you took all the preventive measures, such as applying good thermal paste, so that your PC components will last for a long time.